Chapter Ten || friends?

"WAIT A SECOND!" Eris shouts, muffling her laughs, as she lifts a hand in the air, pointing at Chase, while the other is holding a beer

"WAIT A SECOND!" Eris shouts, muffling her laughs, as she lifts a hand in the air, pointing at Chase, while the other is holding a beer. "Can you repeat that?" She slowly asks, narrowing her eyes in an amused expression.

"I don't see what the big deal is, we all have our opinions Eris. This is just mine." Chase shrugs, still smiling brightly at her with his legs cross-crossed.

"You think we live in a simulation!" She shouts, wide-eyed with a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Of course, it's a big deal, like... what?"

"Think about it guys..." he says, looking around the fire at all of us. "How are we all supposed to have our own conscience? I can't even begin to think you have your own thoughts right now and you have your own relationships that I have no clue about." He tells us, sitting proudly while I try and muffle my laugh.

If strangers were to hear him right now, I'm sure they'd think he was crazy, but I honestly just think he's the most gullible person I've ever met and doesn't realize what he's saying is completely inaccurate. I also believe he's half-joking with us, if the secretive smile on his face is anything to go by.

"Chase, what the fuck goes through your head?" Sawyer asks him, narrowing her eyes questioningly.

"Brillance," he takes a sip of his beer through his straw. One that he, apparently, always had to bring with him.

We all stare at him in disbelief and amusement while Teagan just pats him on the back with a look that tells me that this sort of thing is an often occurrence.

"Do we need to send you to an insane asylum?" Eris questions slowly, still staring at him with wide eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He pouts, looking as though what Eris said really hurt his feelings.

"She was just joking baby," Teagan reassures him, before turning to Eris with a pointed look. To which she laughs and raises her hands in surrender.

We've been at the beach for some time now. The girls and I finished brunch at around three and then we went shopping for Teagan and Caspian's birthday party, which is happening in a few weeks time.

It's been five days since I started at the Academy and I'm already beginning to settle in. The girls have been amazing and every day I can tell that they are growing into people that I can see myself being friends with for the rest of my life.

The boys have been a bit harder to crack. Other than Chase and Xavier, none of the other guys have really made an effort to come and speak to me. Honestly, I'm okay with it. Caspian doesn't seem like a talker but he has always been nice. However, Blaise and Vaughn have been very closed off.