59

"Hi guys!" I said enthusiastically, smiling at my friends who were still sitting in a corner of the courtyard. Well, it was only really Melba, Nate and Callie. "How're you doing? Did anything exciting happen?"

"What did Fred do?" Melba asked. "I swear if he cheated on you again—"

I shrugged and got down on the ground, leaning against the wall. I crossed my legs, folded my arms over my chest and looked at my friends.

A sigh escaped my lips and I then closed my eyes to keep myself from crying again. George spend so much time cheering me up, trying to get my thoughts away from Fred.

George was a good friend. I appreciated him but I hated that he shared a face with Fred. It made it harder to look at him without crying.

"He simply fucked Angelina." I said through a heavy breath. I opened my eyes and looked at my friends, forcing a smile while I shrugged again. "This time he admitted it himself. He didn't just kiss her. He straight up had sex with her."

I closed my eyes again only for a second but when I opened them again, Melba and Callie were both hurrying inside. They weren't wearing their robes. They had thrown them on Nate and were currently pushing up their sleeves while marching inside of the castle.

"Why do I always end up with their robes when they decide to go commit manslaughter?" Nate asked, frowning as he started folding the robes, placing them on the grass next to him. "Are you okay?"

"Couldn't be better." I shrugged and moved over to sit next to him. "Promise me something?"

"What?"

"Never cheat on Callie." I told him.

"I would never." He told me. "We argue a lot but she's my queen."

I hummed, leaning my head on his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and held it in his, lacing our fingers while using his other hand to comfortable brush mine.

"I'm sorry he did that to you." He said, squeezing my hand. "I'm stronger than the two girls combined. Need me to really kick Fred's ass?"

I shook my head.

"No need. I'm pretty sure Melba and Callie are on it." I said. "I hope they kill him."

I laughed and Nate let go of my hand to wrap his arm around me. My laugh then turned into sobs as I broke into tears once again.

"Oh, J." He sighed, wrapping his other arm around me as well. "I don't care what you say. If I see him sometime soon, I'm gonna punch him. I don't care how fucked up he is from Melba and Callie confronting him. And just you wait until Seth finds out. He'll go crazy."

He was right, and after the first time Fred cheated, I would probably have tried to stop my friends from hurting him but now I didn't really care. I fucking hoped he died. I hated him and this time it was over. I was never forgiving him after this.

"It hurts." I whispered against Nate's chest. "It hurts so fucking much."

"I know." he whispered, rubbing my arm while holding me tightly. "But you've gone through this once before. You know it gets better. Easier. Only five more months of school and then you never have to see his face again."

"Fucking can't wait for that day." I sobbed. I lifted my head to look at him. "Do you know where Nick is? Did he come back after he stormed off?"

"No— I think he's sad about Cedric." He said with a sigh. "He heard he and Cho talk earlier about living together when she graduates. Though I think that's over now. Johnson totally outed Seth and Cho to Cedric and Seth is currently fleeing, trying to survive the day."

I sighed and ran a hand over my face before sitting up straight.

"Do you mind if I go see Nick?" I asked. "I don't want to leave you all alone but I want to assure him that none of us would hate him for being gay, or bisexual— whatever he identifies as."

"Of course I don't mind." Nate smiled. "But you're alright? I don't want to get the news later that you threw yourself off the astronomy tower."

"I'm not going to kill myself." I muttered and rolled my eyes. I patted his head, then made my way inside, muttering under my breath. "Not yet, anyways."

My heart was aching and it was shattered into a million pieces but right now I wanted to be there for Nick because I knew he was going through his own heartbreak with loving Cedric, even if he won't admit to it.

I see Nick as a younger brother that I need to protect. He'll always come before me. I've always done that. Pushed my own problems away if he needed me.

"Hey sweetie." I smiled softly when I entered the Hufflepuff basement where Nick sat on one of the sofas, staring into the fire. "What're you doing?"

I walked over to the back of the sofa and leaned on it. I ran my hand through Nick's hair, messing it up and in annoyance, he groaned and moved away from me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, walking around the sofa to sit next to him. "Talk to me."

He looked at me and frowned when he saw my face. "Why've you been crying?"

"Don't worry about that." I said. "You're upset about something and I don't want you to walk around with it on your own. I know how that feels and it's not healthy."

He sighed and leaned back against the sofa with a slight pout on his face.

"Alright—" he breathed. "Well, Julie. I think— I'm— I like—"

"Boys?" I asked, causing his head to snap in my direction. "Yeah, I know."

"Oh great. You know."

"Yeah." I shrugged. "What, did you think we wouldn't be accepting of you. I mean, Melba's gay too and have we ever said or done anything apart from supporting her?"

Nick leaned his head back on the sofa, looking at me.

"No but it's different. There're so many people who think it's hot when it's girl on girl but when it's boy on boy, it's just disgusting— apparently."

"Aw, Nick." I pouted, hugging him. "We don't care about your sexuality. We love you for who you are."

He hugged me back, resting his chin on my shoulder while I swayed us from side to side.

"You like Ced, don't you?" I whispered. Nick groaned, pulled out of the hug and threw himself back against the sofa.

"Yes I do." He shook his head. "But he's with fucking Cho."

"Actually—" I breathed. "Cedric found out about her cheating. I think he's currently chasing Seth around the castle, trying to kill him."

Nick let out a soft laugh.

"I don't think Cedric's into guys anyway." He shrugged. "Now tell me, why have you been crying?"

I pushed myself out of the sofa and slowly made my way over to the plant that stood on the fireplace. I took one of the leaves in my hand, then turned around and folded my arms over my chest.

"Fred and I— we broke up."

Nick's eyebrows fell into a frown and he stood up himself.

"Did he cheat again?"

I nodded.

"Was only really a matter of time, wasn't it?"