22

Elli's POV

Elli's POV

What's new? Nothing. I'm just as confused as ever. When am I ever not confused? Confused is like my second name by now.

Why can my Dad see them? This doesn't make any sense. He couldn't see them before. Or could he? Maybe he was faking it, too. No. I don't think so. It wouldn't change anything for him. He has no reason to be faking it. Especially if he doesn't talk to any of the boys. If he did, we would see Reggie making backflips out of happiness everywhere.

There has to be another reason.

But before we figure that out, we have to find a way to get Julie out of trouble. The band is doing too well to be disbanded right now. There are just starting getting noticed by producers and such. They can't have that taken away from them. The band means too much to either one of its members. It even means too much to me and I'm not even part of it.

Julie is still looking at me like I betrayed her big time, which is kind of the truth. I did lie to her for a long time. It's not like she has ever asked but still. If she had asked and I wasn't able to see them, she would've given everything away.

Dad is still waiting for an answer. I just know how much he must hate having to do this in front of the boys. First impressions and all. Well, it's not really his first impression, but he doesn't need to know that.

Neither Reggie, Alex or Luke look like they know what just happened or what they should do right now. No one could have expected this to happen.

"Surprise!", is the first thing that comes to my mind. I stretch my arms to my left and right showing that I mean the boys still standing by the door. My mouth tries to form a smile, though I'm pretty sure it looks like the fakest smile I've ever put on. My squinted eyes and furrowed eyebrows did not help with that.

Julie looks at me like I'm crazy. I can't just tell her about what I mean without my Dad noticing, now can I? So, I lightly nod my head towards them. She seems to catch on quickly, "Yes, Dad, surprise!", mimicking my hand moves, "I didn't want to tell you before, but I had Luke, Alex and Reggie here fly in. They were in our garage. They- They did the performance from there... obviously".

That looks and sounds convincing... No, it doesn't.

I look at my Dad's face again. His expression has not changed one bit. Shit. He doesn't believe us. What are we supposed to say now? We can't just say kidding and try selling him another story. He would never buy that.

"Julie. Elli. Truth. Now", he tells us trying to not sound too aggressive but miserably failing at that as he stares us down. The stress level in my body is astronomically at this point.

Unexpected, Luke takes a step forward, "If I may, Sir, we- ". "No, you may not!", Dad immediately counters. With that Luke turns to his original spot.

I look at Reggie. He looks really uncomfortable with this situation. I've learned that he doesn't like confrontations, so I guess this is not doing him a favour.

Julie then lets out a sigh whilst looking at the ground in front of her, "I guess there is something I need to tell you. Please, please don't say anything until I've finished. I don't know if I can say what I want to say when someone interrupts me".

"Ok", is all my Dad says before he and the rest of us sit down on the couches.

Julie chuckles, like she can't believe she is actually doing this. Here I thought, I would be the one explaining everything to her today. And now she has to do that with Dad. Let's hope he'll believe her.

"Well... Where do I start? Remember the day you asked me to clean out the studio? The... The garage? That's when it all started. I think you may have noticed that. You did... You did come to check up on me after we had finished dinner. It wasn't actually the CD playing. It was them. Luke, Alex, and Reggie. They were playing their instruments.

The reason why... why you didn't see them is that... that they're ghosts. And before you think I'm crazy and want to send me back to Dr Turner three times a week, just hear me out. Please. They died in 1995. They were in a band called Sunset Curve. If you don't believe me, you can google that or listen to the CD. I'm pretty sure it is somewhere in the house.

Or I can show you the shirt that I found in Mom's stuff. I think she might have something to do with all of this. T-".

What shirt? Our Mom might have something to do with this? What can she have to do with this? She was already dead when the boys suddenly appeared. I don't see how she can have something to do with this.

"Stop. Just stop, Julie. I don't know what's going on with you. Or with you for that matter", he says pointing towards me, "But don't bring your mother into this, alright? I don't know what you guys and your holograms are thinking. This isn't funny".

Tears start streaming down Julie's face, "I'm not... I'm not trying to be funny. I'm being serious".

Luke steps up, "Just take a look around, Sir. Do you see any technology that could produce three holograms into your living room? No?"

"I never said I didn't think you aren't here. Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to walk into my house. I know you are actually here. I'm not clueless".

Reggie sits on our couch awkwardly as Alex speaks up for the first time in this situation, "Then throw something at me and you'll see your daughter wasn't lying. What's the worst that can happen? I might get hit with a pillow or whatever will be thrown. But I know for a fact it won't hit me. Just try if you still don't want to believe it".

Hesitantly, my Dad picks up a pillow and throws it at Alex. It goes right through him.

"What? How?"

Then it is my turn to say something, "Are you really surprised? Julie did try to explain everything.

They're ghosts".