Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

2. Witch's Curse

It was much easier to focus on cleaning wounds if I didn't constantly have two big warriors looming threateningly over me. A few times my eyes darted to the door to see if they came back, but each time there was nobody there.

I shook my head to snap myself out of it. I shouldn't let myself get distracted.

If this cursed man in the twin bed was not properly tended for in every way, I had a feeling those two warriors would do more than only glare at me. They were very protective over this man for some reason.

"Dad, do you know who this man is?" I asked, gently dabbing some more blood off his forehead.

Dad stood beside me. He'd grabbed a new set of clothes to change the man out of his dirty ones, but stopped his movements at my question.

I saw hesitation in his eyes. Then his expression hardened.

"If I tell you, you can't talk about his identity to anyone," he said. "Not to your friends, nor our family members aside from your mother. Understood?"

Dad was dead-serious. He was rarely this stern with me outside of my medical studies. It made the little hairs on my neck stand up. This reaction made me wonder whether I should say 'never mind.' Protect myself from screwing up, or having scary enemy warriors visit and try to squeeze information out of me.

Our warriors were scary. Enemy warriors were ruthless. They tortured you until they got the information they wanted, then killed you.

But I really wanted to know. I wanted to know why this man was so important to everyone. I couldn't seem to shake my curiosity and nodded at Dad.

"I understand," I said. "I won't tell anyone."

Dad sighed and looked down at the werewolf on the bed.

"This is Cecilia and Derek's son, Luan."

I froze the moment Dad said his name.

Since they cast me out of my pack, I had not been eye to eye with a warrior Alpha. Rarely did one have the time to visit this sanctuary. If one did, fortunately my father or my mother interacted with them while I hid in my room or tended to patients.

But I knew those names. I knew them all too well.

Cecilia and Derek were famous to the wolves of the West, and notorious to their enemies.

Two Alpha blooded wolves with a mate bond. Together, they had built the strongest pack known in history. Their children, two twin sons named Luan and Arvyn, were said to be even more powerful than their parents.

Oh my god.

This was an Alpha. I was touching an Alpha. No wonder those warriors didn't trust me around him in this rare, vulnerable state.

"Help me change him," Dad ordered me.

I did as asked, carefully slipping my arms underneath the man's head and waist. He was heavy. I needed most of my strength to even lift his torso while Dad pried the mud caked and bloodstained shirt off.

Now that the scents masking Luan's were partially gone, his scent hit me like a simultaneous brick in the face and a punch in the gut, and it was one of the best feelings I'd ever experienced.

A shiver went through my body, head to toe. Goosebumps appeared on my arms. I nearly moaned out loud, but thankfully I could stifle the sound by biting my lip. If Dad had heard me, I'd have died of shame right on the spot.

I felt Luan's strength and my wolf stirred inside me, affected as well. The impulse to press my face against Luan's chest and inhale deeply was overwhelming. I wanted to feel his power. I wanted to know him. I just wanted to be near him.