√ NINE √

Like a breeze; the first week of school passed and the second as well. Nothing peculiar or unusual happened except that the school seemed to have determined to make the students use at least 1% of their brains.

For Ike; the two weeks passed in a flash with her listening absent mindely in class, counting the days she had left; eating ice cream and chocolates.

However a new normal kept repeating itself throughout the two weeks. She kept seeing him. She ran into him almost every where and even though he never spared her a glance; Ike always found herself taking extra glances at him and sometimes took extra peeks.

As she walked up the stairs towards Doctor John's office, his expressionless face popped up in her head and Ike shook her head in an attempt to shake off her thoughts.

She had never even had a proper conversation with him before. Even do he sat down few seats away from her in every Physics class; they never spoke.

She pushed the door open and waved her hands at the young doctor who was examining some files.

"Good evening John" Ike said as she slumped on the chair and stared at the ceiling.

"You had a rough day?" John asked as he walked towards the fridge and brought out a bottle of juice and walked towards Ike before handling it to her.

"Kinda" Ike replied as she removed her Bach from her back.

"DRC is determined to get me six feet under before two months" Ike replied and John gave a short laugh.

"What's with you and six feet under?" John asked and Ike shrugged.

"That's explains and summarizes my situation doesn't it?" Ike asked as John laughed and shook his head at her.

"Yeah. You are right" John said as he placed his hands on the table and stared at Ike.

"So have you written your bucket list yet?" John asked as Ike shrugged.

"I told you that I didn't need it. I've done everything I want to do. My other wishes is almost impossible" Ike replied as John laughed.

"Like seeing BTS perform?" John asked as a smile wore its way to Ike's face as she nodded.

"That's one" Ike replied and stretched her leg on the couch.

"Have you ever liked someone before?" John suddenly asked and Ike frowned before she shook her head.

"No. Why?" Ike asked as she rumaged through her bag for her head phones and her phone.

"I was just curious. What kind of guy do you like?" John asked as Ike paused an tilted her head.

"I don't know. I don't have an exact type of guy. Maybe tall guys?" Ike asked as she shrugged while John shook his head.

"You've never fallen in love have you?" John asked as Ike tsked.

"I've never liked someone. Isn't it normal that I would have never fallen in love?" Ike asked as she paused and arched her eyebrow at John.

"What's with all these questions about love and guys anyways?" Ike asked as John laughed exposing his well dented teeth.

"Nothing. I'm just curious. Why don't you try?" John asked as Ike finally placed her bag beside her and connected her headphones to her phone.

"Try what?" Ike asked.

"Falling in love" John replied with a smile as Ike frowned and raised her head to meet John's eyes.

"Excuse me?" Ike asked and John shrugged as he leaned back into his chair.

"Try falling in love. Try liking someone. You just have a few weeks left. It wouldn't hurt" John said as Ike nodded.

"That's the point. I can't end up falling for someone when I know I have less than five weeks left. Besides isn't that too short a time to fall in love?" Ike asked as John burst into laughter.

"Who said so? You could meet someone right now and still fall in love with the person after few minutes. Ever heard anything like love at first sight?" John asked as Ike raised an eyebrow at him before sighing.

"Really? You believe in shits like that? Like love at first sight? Wow! That's new but its all bullshit" Ike said as she wore the head phones around her neck.

"That's for you who have never fallen in love" John said as Ike folded her arms and stared at John.

"Tell me John, what's love?" Ike asked as John rubbed his low stubble slowly before turning towards Ike.

"Its actually depends on you" John replied as Ike raised her eyebrow again.

"English please" Ike said as John laughed.

"What I mean is that the definition of love differs according to people. To some people; its just something people use against each other, to some people love is the cruelest thing ever and to some is the most beautiful thing ever and even to some; its their worst nightmare" John replied as Ike sighed.

"So?" Ike asked as John placed his hands back on his desk.

"Ikeoluwa; I want you to find your own meaning of love. I want you to like someone, I want you to fall in love" John replied as Ike chuckled.

"What if to me, love ends up being my worst nightmare? Or the cruelest thing ever?" Ike asked as John pouted.

"Will you ever look on the bright side of life?" John asked as Ike wore a straight face.

"This is me being realistic" Ike said as John raised an eyebrow before sighing.

"Whatever it ends up meaning to you Ike; I want you to know something. Love might hurt or perhaps it will. Love might make you feel the worst or the greatest emotions you've never felt before, it would of course change you as well but trust me when I say that it is a beautiful thing" John said as Ike nodded and started clapping.

"You should think of been a motivational speaker along side this medicine thing you do. You are good. Really good" Ike said as John hissed and burst into laughter.

"Your words are really motivating me but sorry to break it to you. I'm not going to like someone or fall in love" Ike said as she placed her headphones on her head.

Only if Ike knew what was going to happen in the next few days; she wouldn't have such words.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AYOMIDE. I DID AS YOU REQUESTED. I'M HAD TO RUSH THROUGH IT SO THERE A LOT OF MISTAKES.

SO ITS A DOUBLE UPDATE THOUGH!