12

You ended up staying in Wilbur's office for almost two hours. 

Of course, you didn't mean to stay that long, but one video rolled into another so easily, and Wilbur - you hated to add another good thing to his record, but - he was funny, and easy to spend time with. Even though you didn't really understand the entirety of what was going on, he explained what he could and just laughed about what he couldn't. 

It was the most fun you had had in a very long time. And as much as you wanted to keep pretending that Wilbur was just a nuisance, he was beginning to grow on you. Not that you would ever admit it, of course. 

There was just something calming about him - maybe it was just the way he dressed, but something made you think it was a deeper part of him. His music was melodramatic, yes, but chill - and the way he spoke was laid back and easygoing. He was an anomaly in your high-stress fast-paced life (and a begrudgingly welcome one).

Unfortunately for you, you couldn't spend all day locked away in Wilbur's office laughing at stupid internet memes. Those hours you had spent with him did have to be made up if you wanted to stay on schedule. 

So here you were, holed up in your room in your flat with your laptop, tapping away at the keyboard. 

Working at home was not the same as working in the office - it was significantly more distracting for one, with hearing Maddy and Jazzy in the background, and the different environment. It wasn't that your room was dirty, per say, just that it wasn't where you usually worked - the decorations were less soothing and more eye catching than the simple walls of your office space, and while your bed was vastly more comfortable than your office chair, it made you want to lay down and sleep, not work.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath; forcing all those intrusive thoughts aside. As soon as you were done, you could go and eat some dinner. And then, maybe a hot shower. That sounded nice-

A gentle tap at the door broke your concentration and you sighed, saving your work. "Yeah?"

Maddy opened the door slightly, poking her head in. "Dinner's done. It's bangers and mash."

Your stomach whined. Maddy's bangers and mash was delicious, but you weren't done working yet. As if she could see you hesitating though, she smiled, opening the door fully. 

"Come on." She said. "A hot meal will help you think more when you're done."

You closed your laptop reluctantly. "I suppose you're right..." You slipped off the bed and followed Maddy back to the kitchen, where Jazzy was making a plate for herself, taking generous helpings of Maddy's cooking. 

"You managed to drag Y/N out of the work-hole, well done." She grinned, twirling around behind you to take a seat at the island. 

You rolled your eyes. "I'm not a troll, Jazz."

"Grumpy like one." Jazzy teased. "And you went straight to your room as soon as you got home. You didn't even compliment my nails." She splayed her fingers out on the table. Her fingers had been all yellow, but now one hand was teal, and the other strawberry, to match her split dyed hair. 

"They're very nice." You said offhandedly, moving to grab a plate from the cabinets and take some food for yourself. 

"Why are you working from home?" Maddy asked, passing you the serving spoon. "You usually manage to get everything done when you're at your office."

You pursed your lips. "Something came up today."

Maddy frowned, taking the seat next to Jazzy at the island. "Nothing bad, was it?"

You put the serving spoon back down, taking your now full plate of food over to the island, where you took the last barstool. "No nothing bad... just my neighbor again."

Jazzy perked up, waggling her eyebrows. "Ooh, yes, Wilbur."

Maddy grinned as well. "He's never caused so much trouble that you've had to spend a few hours working from home... what'd he do this time?"

"Well..." You wheedled, taking a bite of your dinner. "I suppose it was sort of my fault this time."

Jazzy tapped her fork excitedly against the side of her plate, gesturing for you to go on.

"He started it though." You said. "He was being a noisy pain in the arse as usual, and I was just not going to have it, so I got up to go tell him to quiet down. But when he opened the door, he was doing a stream or something - apparently he's an internet guy as well as a musician, but of course he would have the two loudest careers on the planet - and he sort of invited me in to watch."

"And you did?" Maddy asked. 

"Yeah." You said, slightly ashamed. "I didn't realize how long I was there though, and I have about two hours of work to make up."

Jazzy and Maddy traded glances. They had the same mischievous expression on their faces - it was times like these that they really looked like sisters. 

You frowned, gesturing with your fork at them. "None of that from you lot now."

"Well." Jazzy said, leaning back on her seat. "I'm not that one who spent two hours in my very attractive neighbors office even though I was supposed to be working."

You took an angry bite, refusing to make eye contact with Jazzy. 

"C'mon." Maddy said, elbowing her sister slightly. "Don't tease."

"But it's funny!" Jazzy countered. "C'mon Mads, you have to admit that it's a little funny. Like, at least a bit."

You swallowed and finished off the last bite on your plate. "No, it is kind of funny." You said, getting up and taking your empty plate to the sink. "Who's turn is it to do the dishes tonight?"

Maddy frowned. "Yours I think-"

"I'll do them." Jazzy interrupted. "Since you had to work an all."

You smiled. "Thanks Jazz. I'm going to get back to it." 

"Yeah, yeah." She said, waving you back to your room. "You owe me one now, just remember." 

You laughed, and headed back to your room, where your laptop was waiting.