xlii.

It had been a year now since they had all joined the Order and the war didn't seem to reach an end, day by day, they'd risk their lives in hopes to end this

It had been a year now since they had all joined the Order and the war didn't seem to reach an end, day by day, they'd risk their lives in hopes to end this. James and Lily had gotten married just four months after getting engaged, and a few weeks after the wedding, James' parents unfortunately passed away. Their death had been extremely hard on both James and Sirius, to add on, Regulus had died in attempt of destroying one of Voldemort's Horcrux.

Cassiopeia had started to lose hope slowly, as more time passed. Sirius noticed how sometimes, what used to be her warm and soft smile, would emotionless and forced. On the other hand, Lily was now pregnant, due to give birth any day now. When Lily had announced it, everyone had been excited. According to Sirius, it was to be the first heir of the Marauder lineage. It had also started a battle on who would be Godmother or who would be Godfather.

"Okay, so I have an idea." Sirius hums, making Cassiopeia look at him curiously. "If we do everything they ask until the child is born, they'd feel obliged to make us Godparents."

"They'd see right through that." Cassiopeia points out, making him groan and fall back on the sofa. Remus, Marlene, Peter and Dorcas had left for patrol with a few other members of the Order, while Lily and James were upstairs getting some rest. Due to the fact that Lily was pregnant, she didn't go on patrols anymore for a while and James didn't go as often. Cassiopeia and Sirius had gone on one the day before, so we're taking the day off to rest.

"Okay, do you have any ideas on how we'll do this?" Sirius asks, making her shrug as she looks up at the ceiling.

"I don't know. At this point I think Marlene will be the Godmother." Cassiopeia hums and Sirius huffs, shaking his head.

"Don't give up so quickly. I'm sure you'll be the Godmother." Sirius stands up and walks up to where she's sitting, before leaning down to peck her lips. He takes her hand and pulls her up. "Come on. Let's do something?"

"Like what?" She asks with a raised eyebrow as she stands up and he chuckles. He pulls his wand out and points it at the record player, making a song start. It happened to be September by Earth, Wind  & Fire, making her giggle as she shakes her head.  He spins her into his arms, making her laugh happily. "You're so cheesy."

"But you love it." He hums, causing her to snort as they dance around the living room. She is grinning happily, not able to hold in her amusement.

"Yeah. Sure. I guess I do." She says teasingly, making him and he snickers. He lets go of her and dances around her foolishly, making her laugh. She quickly joins him and follows his dance moves, making them both laugh. He takes her hand again near the end of the song and spins her again into his arms, their noses nearly touching. He leans his forehead against hers, as she wraps an arm around his neck, while he holds her other hand. He smiles lovingly at her, before dipping her backwards, leaning down to kiss her. She smiles happily as she kisses him, before he pulls her back up. "I love you."

"And I love you. Merlin's beard. I can't imagine a life without you." He hums, making her blush. He steps back a bit, making her look at him in confusion. He's still holding her hand as he kneels down in front of her, making her gasp and her eyes widen. He pulls out a wedding ring and her breath gets caught at the back of her throat. "Which is why, I have to ask you this. Cassiopeia Lovia, my sunshine, will you marry me?"

"Yes. For Merlin's sake. Yes." She nods as tears burn her eyes and he grins happily, as he slips the ring in her finger and she grins. He stands up and pulls her back to him, leaning down to kiss her, causing her to wrap her arms around his neck. He pulls away and spins her around happily, making her giggle.

"What are you two doing?" Lily asks as she walks into the room, making Sirius put Cassiopeia down and they both turn to face James and Lily.

"Oh, you know. Just dancing and getting engaged." Sirius says casually with the widest grin. Lily gasps and James smirks.

"Bloody hell! Congratulations!" Lily says excitedly as she rushes to Cassiopeia and pulls her into a hug, making the dark haired girl giggle with a beam.

"You better take care of my daughter, young man." James says teasingly, making Sirius snort as they hug each other.

"What's with all the hugs?" Marlene asks tiredly as her and the other join in. Lily pulls away from Cassiopeia, taking her hand to show the engagement ring to the others, who gasp.

"You finally found the courage to bloody do it." Remus hums, making Sirius blush as Cassiopeia giggles happily. "Congratulations you two. Took you way too long."

"Oh, shut it, Remus. I'm so happy for you." Dorcas hums as she walks up to Cassiopeia and pulls her into a hug.

"This is amazing! The second Marauder wedding is coming soon. Oh, how exciting." Marlene says happily with the widest grin, making her smile. Lily's smile drops and her eyes widen.

"Uh, I think my water just broke." Lily says, making everyone to look at her with wide eyes and James suddenly faints, making Sirius close his eyes in exasperation.