scene iii

S E P T E M B E R, 1 9 7 5

K I N G' S C R O S S

HAIR IN A messy bun, grey sweatpants, an oversized graphic t-shirt and black converse on. Venus strutted on the platform without a care in the world. Her usual painted nails were bare, and her face was makeup free.

Venus Lupin was unrecognizable.

The only way you could've known it was her, was by the tall lanky boy next to her. The twins were never apart for long, you could always find one with the other.

The Lupin brother had an arm wrapped protectively around his sisters shoulders.

Glaring at anyone who sent them a funny look. "You okay, sweetheart?", Hope Lupin questioned as the girl nodded. Her mother had tried to be closer with her, but every time Venus shut her out.

She didn't want the woman's pity, especially since she had spend her whole childhood trying to please her. "Have a good ride, okay? And don't get in trouble", Lyall stated while kissing his kids heads. The twin's parents went to charge their kids luggage's on the train.

"I'm going to find the others, you coming?"

The boy asked as his twin disapproved. "I have to find Lily, Marlene and Alice. I'll meet you in the train", she mumbled before stumbling away from him.

It pained Remus to let his sister go, he hadn't left her side since that night after the ball.

Venus quickly spotted a redhead girl in the crowd. That was until two other redheads cut her off.

"Oh, Lupin. Didn't see you there"

One of the Prewett twins said as she looked up to them. The two boys were well over 6ft, which gave her immense neck pain.

"When will you lots stop growing? Swear I will need a latter next time I see you"

She said as they chuckled. "Fab and I were thinking of throwing a party Friday night. You down?", Gideon questioned as she nodded.

"Yeah, bring a lot of booze"

Was her final words before going to see her friends. "Told you she would be down. Pay up", Fabian told his twin as the redhead handed him 5 galleons with a frown.

"Shut up"

Gideon mumbled while rolling his eyes as they boarded the train.

"Merlin V! I didn't recognize you"

Lily gasped while pressing a hand on Venus's cheek. "Thanks Lils", the girl said with bitterness as the redhead rolled her eyes.

"You sound like Marlene"

"Who sounds like me?"

Marlene asked before gasping when she saw Venus. "What the fuck? Who's this bitch?", the girl questioned while grabbing Venus by the shoulders. "What did you do to my best friend?", she asked aggressively while violently shaking the girl.