Nine

My mom and Dylan were always extremely close.

They both had similar interests, personalities, and they even sounded the same. It only made sense that shared a birthday and unfortunately, a death day.

I knew that they couldn't live without each other and I found peace knowing that they were together in the afterlife.

"Hi, mom and Dyl." I sat down on their graves. "Logan is here in spirit. She still working through her trauma and everything."

I changed out the old Carnations for Lillies. "She is going out to the movies with her friends tonight. I think it will be good for her to get her mind off things."

"I'm going to the football game tonight with my friends." I announced. "I'll be thinking of you guys and holding you close to my heart."

I stood up from the grass. "I love you both so freakin' much. Please keep watching over me."

When I got back to my grandparents' house, there was a black Audi in my driveway. I looked inside the car, but it was empty.

Of course, I knew who the car was for. I'd ridden in it a bunch of times and I helped him add LED lights to the interior.

I could hear voices coming from the kitchen.

My grandparents and Brennan were laughing and talking as they sipped on tea.

"Hi." I looked over at Brennan. "What are you doing here? I was going to meet you at the game with my friends."

He shrugged. "I know, but I haven't seen your grandparents in a while."

Yup, he definitely saw my Instagram post.

"Look at these gorgeous flowers that Brennan brought for you!" Abuela chirped as she handed me lavender roses

My jaw dropped. "Where did you find these? They're so beautiful. Thank you, B."

"I know people." he grinned.

"Then he got Logan and me these beautiful yellow roses." she showed off the roses that were in the vase. "Lo's are upstairs in her room, you just missed her."

Abuelo held up his candy. "I got my favorites, Ferrero Rocher."

"Brennan knows us well." I looked at him.

"You didn't tell me that you were going to his house for Thanksgiving dinner!" Abuela exclaimed. "I invited him over for our lunch gathering."

Brennan made eye contact with me. "Of course, I agreed to come. I can't believe that you didn't mention it."

"Never came up." I gave him a smug look. "Come help me find something to wear to the game."

We went upstairs to my room and kept a crack in the door.