39

There are some moments in life that you know that when it's over you're going to miss it

There are some moments in life that you know that when it's over you're going to miss it. More than anything else in the world.

Right now is one of those moments.

I don't want this night to ever end.

It's been the most perfect day, but that's because I'm with the most perfect girl.

Sometimes I wonder to myself about how different things would be if I experienced them with different people. If I was in a band with different boys, if me and Mitch had never met, if Evie wasn't the girl I was here with tonight.

And each of those thoughts scare me, because I'd never want to change the people that I've shared those experiences with.

The best experiences of my life.

And tonight could very well be the peak of my life, because that's exactly how it feels.

All because of this girl.

She never fails to make me laugh, and always makes me feel new things, experiencing new forms of happiness that I've never felt before.

She makes me a better me.

She's managed to become my whole world in such a short space of time and I never would have expected it.

Good things take time, but great things happen in the blink of an eye.

I'm just scared how this will end.

I just hope that when it does we can both look back on this time with fond memories, and live our lives while always remembering each other.

Or maybe, if I'm lucky enough there might just be a way that I can stay with her forever.

"You know Evie, I've written a song called 'Canyon Moon'." My words break the silence we've been floating in.

I don't mind the silence with her. It's always been something I despised, even if it was a comfortable silence.

Until I met her.

One touch from her speaks a thousand words.

Touch.

I've always been an affectionate person, I liked hugs and holding hands and kissing and intimacy within a relationship.

But with Evie it's different.

The way her skin feels against mine almost burns but in the best way possible. Like a million volts of electricity shooting through me, circling my bloodstream and making me lose all sense of control when it comes to her and how I act around her.

It's our own way of communicating, through making sure we're close to one another. Have us always linked somehow.

Like right now, I'm laying on the blanket, watching the night sky and her head is resting against my bare stomach, my shirt undone and fallen by my sides. Her hair gently spread across my skin, small inked parts of my body peaking through the gaps in her blonde hair.