chapter 36

Third Person POV:

Zavier wanted to ignore it but he couldn't.

It was like they were doing it on purpose. Their laughter rung in his ears and he couldn't stop his eyes from glancing over to them, seeing them talk to each other.

It was soccer practise, and since with Isaac's arm being broken, and it not being safe enough for him to play, he sat in the stands, but not alone.

He sat next to the new kid, Myles, who had coincidentally been here and now they looked like they were having the best time.

"Zavier, concentrate." Dillon reminded him after he had missed an easy pass kicked to him for the second time.

How was he meant to concentrate when all he could think of was them?

"Zavier!" Zavier heard one last shout of his name before he ran right into someone causing him to fall over, sliding on the grass.

He heard Coach's whistle before heavy footsteps stormed over to him. "Now what was that? You've got to keep your head in the game boy, we don't need another injured captain now do we?"

Zavier slowly brought himself up and nodded, looking down at his leg that had taken the blow of the fall.

"Jones, get yourself down here now." Coach ordered.

If Zavier had known all he had to do to separate Myles and Isaac was fall, he would've done it much quicker.

"Go with Reid to get him sorted out, and you Reid, if you're not gonna focus, don't bother coming back."

"Me? Why do I have to do it?" Isaac complained, pointing to his arm in the cast.

"Just because your arm's broken, doesn't mean you still can't help out the team."

"Fine then." Isaac mumbled under his breath, but not loud enough that Coach could hear. He walked by Zavier's side to the changing rooms in silence, exchanging one last look with Myles before leaving the field.

"You okay?" Isaac asked, seeing Zavier wince as he sat on the bench in the locker room.

"Yeah, fine." Zavier responded back bluntly, still thinking of the image of Myles and Isaac together.

Isaac's brows furrowed at Zavier's snappy tone as he sat on the opposite bench to him. "You sure?"

"Yes, perfect." But his leg felt a tad bit uncomfortable.

"Uh huh." Isaac stood up and opened his bag, rummaging for something in it when he felt eyes on him. "Stop staring at my ass."

Zavier immediately averted his eyes, pretending to look at something on the ceiling as soon as Isaac turned around.

"Use these." Isaac threw the wipes into Zavier's lap.

"Thanks." Zavier pulled one from the packet and used it to wipe away the mud and dirt off his leg when he realised Isaac was just sitting there. "Are you just gonna sit there and watch?"

"Yes, I am." Isaac smiled. "You fell so funnily." He started to laugh, thinking of how distracted Zavier was.

"Wait, you were watching?" Zavier ignored the fact Isaac was laughing at him and instead focussed on Isaac actually paying attention to him, not just talking with Myles.

"Of course." Isaac stood up, getting ready to re-enact Zavier's fall. "You were like-" Isaac did a slow jog on the spot then turned his head to the side. "Then Ben said Zavier baby watch out!" He made his voice high pitched, over exaggerating. "Then you went aaaahh." Isaac fell over dramatically, using his one free arm to keep him steady.