53

Amelia

"Here we go," Christian says. He places an array of drinks in front of Melanie, Harry, and I. "Hazelnut vodka for Amelia and Harry; a martini for Mel; and a whiskey sour for myself," 

I thank him and pick up the glass in front of me before taking a small sip of it. 

Somehow, I had convinced Harry to come out with Christian, Melanie, and me this weekend. Normally it wouldn't have been a big deal since he likes my friends, especially after meeting Melanie a couple weeks ago for the first time, but he's been very distant and somewhat moody lately so doing anything with him proved to be a challenge. I'm not sure what's going on with him but it's frustrating and taking a toll on me. I'm already in therapy to work on my mental health and self esteem, and Harry's emotional absence isn't helping anything at all. He sleeps on the other side of the bed now and he goes out at these odd hours. I don't want to be the overly paranoid girlfriend but I can't help this nagging feeling in the back of my mind. It's putting me on edge, constantly

"Blessed," Melanie says. "Thank you," 

While Christian gets situated next to Melanie, across from Harry and I, I put a hand on Harry's thigh causing him to look at me. 

"Good?" I ask him in reference to the drink in his hand. 

He smiles and nods his head. 

"Very," he responds. "I'm glad you introduced this to me - what - almost two years ago? Has it been that long?"  

My eyes widen, slightly. Has it been that long? I've lost all sense of time recently. 

"I think so," I say. I furrow my eyebrows as I try to remember what day it is but then it dawns on me. It's September 7th. "Harry, we met two years ago today," 

He looks away briefly before meeting my eyes again with a small smile on his face. 

"Two years exactly?" he quietly asks me. I nod. "Wow, I can't believe it's been that long," 

"Me neither. It feels like I've known you forever," I respond. 

"What's this about it being two years?" Christian nosily butts in. I chuckle as he leans forward on his elbows, bringing his head closer to Harry and I. 

"It's been two years since Harry bumped into me on the street and stole my cell phone - "

"I didn't steal it, you dropped it!" Harry playfully cuts me off. 

I giggle and lean into him slightly, our shoulders and thighs now touching. 

"Only because some asshole knocked me over," I retort, turning to cheekily smile at him. 

"It's because I was in such a trance looking at the world's most beautiful girl," he responds, his smile dropping as he looks at me. 

An intense blush spreads all over my face and I nearly melt into a puddle from Harry's words. I feel myself falling all over again for him just from that one sentence. It floods my emotions, bringing me back to the time when we first met and I first felt myself falling in love with him. 

"I swear your guys' story is like a fan fiction," Christian dreamily says to Harry and I, causing me to roll my eyes and turn away from my boyfriend. 

"Thanks," I mumble. 

"It really is though," Melanie agrees. "Like something straight off of Wattpad,"

Luckily, the conversation drops from mine and Harry's relationship after the 'fan fiction' comments and progresses to Melanie talking about her new boyfriend, Elijah. I suppose their date at the Olive Garden was a hit and they've been casually seeing each other since. I haven't met him yet, but he seems like a nice guy. He treats Melanie well, better than what I've heard about her ex-boyfriend, so I'm just happy she is.