𝟯 | 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻

𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 <𝟯

Is my luck that shitty for me to not only walk into him, again, but also spill my drink on him? "My bad, wasn't looking

Is my luck that shitty for me to not only walk into him, again, but also spill my drink on him? "My bad, wasn't looking."

"Clearly," He says. Ass.

"Whatever, and don't worry it's just water, so it won't stain." Why did I feel the need to explain that?

Okay that's not my least of my worries. Why the freaking hell is it raining right now? frick frick frick.

It's California, It's not supposed to rain! Please just stay calm. Shit. I don't pass out during panic attacks, it's happened maybe once but that's it. Considering I haven't had my meds in a while though, it's no surprise when everything goes black.

"Mami? Ma, wake up." I hear the sirens getting closer but there's no point. She's already gone. The woman who raised me, my best friend is gone.

I jolt you from the dream and notice I'm in a car. A moving car. A moving car in the rain, at night. I can feel my heart start to speed up again. I catch a glimpse of Roman driving. "Stop the car." He doesn't. I'm going to kill him. "Stop the fucking car." Not a request.

He looks at me trying to figure something out but thankfully he stops. I get out of the car and start to feel my breathing go haywire again when I feel my phone starts buzzing. I look at the caller ID and my heart sinks when I see it's Jaden. How the hell? There's no way he could know. I try calming my breathing and get back in the car.

"Hey, J what's up?"

"It's raining. Are you okay? Did you
have another one?"

"How the fu-You know what doesn't
matter. And yeah, I did. I kinda passed out."

"What the fuck? That doesn't
happen. Ever.

"I know."

"Have you eaten today?"

Here we go again.

"Jeez I starve myself for 2 months
and suddenly I'm anorexic."

"Lani." He warns.

"I ate!"

Not a full meal but he doesn't need to know that.

"I'm find now. A friend helped me out of the party"

"Jesus Lani. Call me if
it happens again and call me
when you get home."

"Yes mama bear."

"Friend?" Roman says with his eyebrow lifted.

"What was I supposed to say. Hey, brother I'm okay my roommate who hates me for no reason helped me out. Yeah, I think a friend is better."

I look out the window hoping the rain stops but it's doesn't. It just keeps getting stronger. I finally speak up. "Thank you for taking me out of the party but I can't be in here."

He looks at me like he understands and pulls into a parking lot of a diner. "Let's go." He says while opening the door for me. We walk into the diner which is pretty much empty. I check the weather app on my phone and see that it's going to stop raining in half an hour.

"Thank you," I tell him as we make our way to a booth. He doesn't look like the type to care about others drama, but there's a hint of curiosity in his face.

"Just ask"

"Do you get them often?" I'm not going to spill my sob story to a dude who hates me.

"I used to only get them when I felt pressured or when I had a lot of attention on me but now I get them every time it rains."

"Why?" Jeez dude.

"Early this year someone died because the roads where slippery and I was in the passenger seat."

Something flashed through his eyes, if I had blinked I wouldn't have been able to catch it. But it quickly disappears. "Also if you could, like not tell anyone that would be great," I tell him. I don't mind if people know but back home I was known as the girl who watched her mom die. I don't want the same thing here.

I fiddle with my rings as a distraction so I don't focus on the rain. I manage to keep myself calm until the rain stops.

When we walk through the front door I turn. "Uh thanks for that." I say.

He nods his head and walks past me, turning around before he walks into his room. "Good night Kailani" At least this time he acknowledged my presence.

I grab my phone about to call Jaden but I decided to just shoot him a text. "i'm alive and home. i'll call you tomorrow."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The house it quiet when I wake up, probably Rebecca's doing since she's usually the loudest. I head down to the kitchen for a quick breakfast before taking a shower

I wrap a towel around me and head into my room to change, but I hear my phone ringing downstairs. Fuck I must've left it. I should get clothes on first but if I don't answer Jaden will show up here.

I'm not kidding.

I clutch my towel around me and speed down to get my phone. Once it's in my hands I turn around to head back to my room.

I want to die.

It's like the universe pulls me to him.

Three times.

Three freaking times that I've walked into him.

Holy hell. He's shirtless and wet. Fuck he's hot, and lets not even begin to talk about those abs.

Shush.

No, but seriously he's really hot.

I'm too caught up in my thoughts too register the sudden breeze. No no no. I look down and confirm. My freaking towel dropped. I am standing, naked, in front of my asshole roommate. "Frick! Turn around asshole!" He smirks but complies. I put my towel back on and start rushing back to my room "You'll never speak of this!" I shout to him halfway up the stairs. And my heart sinks when I see Rebecca standing outside my room with a Did you fuck him look. "No. I did not fuck him"

"Then whats the thing he'll never speak about?" She says with a big smile. "I hate myself." I groan. "I went to get my phone downstairs and I freaking walked into him again, and my stupid towel dropped."

"He may have hated you before but I'm sure that's long gone after seeing you all naked."

I throw a pillow along with a nasty glare.

be thankful i'm in a good mood 🙄