An t-siathamh Bliadhna - Deuchainnean

15th December 1976

15th December 1976

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was official. The sixth years were now half way through their arduous week of mock exam after mock exam in preparation for N.E.W.Ts which wouldn't come for them until the May of the next year. However, spots in the library and common rooms to revise were scarce due to the frantic seventh years, whose last mock exams before true N.E.W.Ts it was. As a result, many could often be spotted hunched over piles of scrolls of parchment or heavy textbooks, frequently gathered in anxious little groups around tables, cups the size of buckets full of coffee in hand.

The little group Carina had seemingly formed was never really seen around in these areas in the rare free lessons and after class hours ended, leading a web of rumours slowly being spun on where in Merlin's name the Marauders - some of the most popular sixth years - could disappear off to without being spotted by anyone at all. The answer was obvious: the Room of Requirement. But it seemed only the little group - who, chatting and giggling, ran up there every given opportunity - knew about it, allowing for much needed peace for them all. The boys had obviously discovered it, dragging Carina along up there something like a year ago now. Carina brought Pandora along, with the room's nature of providing things for the user, proving insanely useful for potion-making, Transfiguration and Herbology, amongst others of the girls' shared subjects. Since then, Marlene McKinnon had been brought in, as her detentions and refusal to revise had began to lessen and lessen and she once again became a big part in Carina's life. She got along well with the boys and was an exceedingly talented witch when actually tried - which she seemed to be doing now. And so their friendship re-bloomed after they drifted apart for a while, stronger than ever. Carina and Marlene had even brought Dorcas, Mary and Lily to the room to study a few times, obviously when the boys weren't around. It had been nice to be in that group again. It was unspoken but everyone knew they had drifted apart over the months gone by and being together again, studying, in that room - it felt right again. Studying up there worked well for everyone too, although no one except the boys, Carina and Pandora knew the true extent of the room's power. If they even knew what it was fully capable of themselves.

Several times it had surprised them. Sirius admitted that time in the December of last year when he and Carina had been up there and they had kissed for the first time he had had no clue the room could make snow like that, although he would not admit his shock about anything in front of the others. Carina often thought back to that kiss when they were there, never vocalising her thoughts, but just thinking about how much had changed since then. Since then, she had heard so much gossip about her relationship with Sirius; that they had moved too fast, that she was just another girl in his line of "conquests", etc, though most had been silenced after they had stayed together and strong past the summer term.

"I've only ever actually dated you. Sure, I've snogged a few girls..." At that Carina has raised an eyebrow and when her eyes had met Sirius's, he blushed, adding: "and, yeah, boys too... well maybe more than a few... gone on one or two dates, but for actual long term relationships, it's only ever been you. Also, despite what you've heard, I have not ever... Y'know... It's all just a bunch of rumours, obviously brought on by my dazzling good looks."
The grin in his face was unbelievable, as they had lay on a blanket, looking up at the stars in the galaxy room one evening. That had earned a snort from Carina, but she understood what he meant.
Carina had thought about all of the  rumours herself on many a sleepless night. It had never been like her to jump into anything the way she had with her relationship with Sirius, it seemed insane looking back and far too fast.