1

Y/N's POV

Sweet Barbatos, it's absolutely freezing here! I can't exactly wear many extra layers, I must be mobile enough to move y'know!? If this commission hadn't been from the literal captain of the investigation team, I sure wouldn't have come here ever.

This guy, the commission letter had the name Albedo, doesn't ever shown himself in public, yet he calls for a mere adventurer to come into this sort of environment? There are an abundance of rumors that he's some sort of prodigy and genius, so unless he figured out that I originate from another world, I hope that he has good to reason to call for me.

Nobody in Mondstadt was exactly sure of how to explain "my" power when I was born. Truthfully, I never said a word about being from Earth. To have been reborn as "my" parent's child and announce that I'm from another world is like destroying "my" parents feelings. They deserve their child, not me.

Back in my old life, I was just a college student. I majored in biology specifically chemistry and a minor in psychology. I didn't get far in that life, but strangely enough my memory of my past life is completely intact. The human mind is supposed to forget useless information when such info eventually serves no use according to the Seven Sins of Memory. Though, I suppose that I shouldn't take this for granted as I can use what knowledge I have to survive here.

Anyways, how long has it been since I started waiting? I look up, putting a hand over my eyes to check the sun's position. Looks like it's been maybe half an hour.

Mmm...it's really cold, I can't keep pacing around in one area. I'm heading back to the warmer entrance of this mountain. Wherever this guy is, I hope he's at least warm. I put my gloved hands over my mouth, breathing warm air out. The gloves are a little counterintuitive, but I'd like to try my best to stay warm. Geez, it's like the snow is a never ending pile of death. It hardly makes any scientific sense how snow randomly starts dropping in whenever. I can't even see my own tracks, but I remember the path that I took at least.

Carefully treading through the snow to avoid dropping my body into an anti-arsonist hazard, I can finally see the warm forest in the near distance. I pick up the pace and smile ever so slightly in acknowledgement that I could warm up soon enough.

"Lift!"

What-? WAIT MY LEGS—! NONONO—

"Huh- Lift!" I hear a voice shout loudly as my eyes shut tightly. Please archons, save me, I can see my own life flashing before me.

Oof! "Oww..." I fell onto something warm? Well, I didn't "fall" per say, more like everything but my torso is drooping off this—platform, I'm guessing. My arms quickly rush to grasp whatever I'm hanging on and my legs jump into a fetal sort of position. I don't wanna die again, I already died once, and I would really appreciate never experiencing that again!

A pair of footsteps hurriedly rush to me. "Well then...this is quite the predicament," someone sighed. "Please, open your eyes, Y/N. I swear that I'm not here to harm you."

"Are you...Albedo?" I slowly raise my head to see them and rise an eyelid. Light ashy, fluffy hair, maybe as soft as even the finest of fabrics, bright teal eyes, and my god, the most perfect male face I've seen in both of my lives. If this is heaven or the afterlife then I don't want to revive again.

"Yes, I am Albedo," he holds a hand out to me, "now would you like a hand with getting down or do you prefer falling into snow?"

"The former, I prefer the former!" I quickly scramble to sit up before realizing the "platform"'s size. If the archons think that I will sit up, I would truly rather not. Instead, I take his hand and he pulls me down, causing me to topple onto him.

"Hng..." he groaned in pain. "Could you...please get off of me now?"

Pretty face, soft hair, and shiny eyes, I will always remember this sacred moment. "Ah, I'm extremely sorry!" I dart to the left and shakily get up. I extend my hand with the same offer that he'd provided earlier. He takes it and rises back onto his feet.

I swear to Barbatos, this is going to be very awkward.

He breaks the silence as he brushes off the snow his clothes, "now that that's over, let me properly introduce myself. I am Albedo, the one who commissioned you." He looks at a pile of what seems to be Teyvat research equipment. Not the most advanced, but it gets the job done at least. "Anyway, care to explain what you were doing in the subzero mountain?"

We both walk over to the pile and carefully pick up what we could to avoid the frosty snow's touch. "Well, you see, when I arrived I couldn't find anyone else here. The adventurer's guild has yet set up a camp just yet, so I guess that we both just misunderstood what we considered the 'entrance' of Dragonspine," I begin explaining. "I wasn't sure if the entrance was maybe deeper in, so I tried to explore the mountain until I gave up and came back."

Albedo sighed. "In that case, you have my utmost apologies to have put you in such a situation. I didn't account for the possibility that one would traverse through such a harsh climate," he admits as we finally finish taking all the items. "I am sorry to ask this of you, but may I bother you to help bring my equipment to a certain location?"

"Well, is this what you requested me for?"

"Not entirely, Y/N. This is only a minor role for you to play," he motions for me to follow him somewhere. "I'm sure you're confused about what your job today, but please, let me explain on our way."

"Simply put, I wish to ask for your assistance with my research. What my current research entails is my hypothesis about your powers."

How does he know...? If he knows that I'm not from this world then the rumors really are true; he is a genius. "What's your hypothesis?" My lips part as I stare intently at the back of his head.

"You are from another world, aren't you?" His eyes meet my stare.