Chapter 6 : Becoming famous

I realized I didn't make this clear: Ray is a faceless streamer lol I should've probably specified sooner

After an extremely long, drawn-out stream, Ray was so ready for Tommy to finish up. Basically over the course of the remaining hour, they barely spoke and she simply watched him as ran around exploring and collecting materials.

Very, very boring. The chat literally thought the same as this was Tommy' most unpopular stream from the entire month.

After leaving the call, the boy instantly logged off, setting Ray free of her responsibilities and she did the same. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she sat back in her chair, groaning as she felt multiple muscles relax. She had been sitting so still due to the awkwardness and tension that her whole body hurt.

After taking a very long sip of cold water, she stretched her arms and sighed. "I guess I have to finally stream now..."

Ray clicked over to Twitch and blankly stared at the screen, mouse hovering over the 'start stream' button.

Just the thought of talking to her frantic audience made her feel a little sick to the stomach. She knew how much of a big deal being on the Dream SMP was, especially for her humble fanbase. Afterall, most of her viewers found her only because they watched big streamers like Georgenotfound, Sapnap, Tubbo and of course: Tommy. 

This could either go really well or end in a complete disaster.

Letting out a huff of determination, Ray adjusted her mic and cleared her throat before clicking.

As her 'starting soon' screen popped up along with the chill music, Ray's eyes travelled to the chat. Comments began pouring in immediately, many of the usernames not being her usual viewers. The girl wasn't accustomed to this amount of attention, and her eyes almost popped out of her sockets as she watched her hype train hit 100% only 3 minutes into the stream.

Upon taking a long, shaky breath, Ray made sure to subdue the volume of the music and turned on her mic.

"Hello everyone!" She managed to exclaim, thankfully without getting any voice cracks. "How is everyone today?" 

The girl paused for a minute, seeing the chat absolutely explode with all kinds of comments. Some said they missed her, some talked about their day, but most were people screaming at her about being on the Dream SMP.

Ray chuckled nervously. "Great, nice to hear that. Sorry for not streaming for a couple of days, I've been a little... occupied." She picked her wording very carefully.

Just then, a donation popped up.

macy_be_cookin donated £5
     GIRL YOU ARE ON THE FREAKING DREAM SMP NOW?? HOW?!?!?!?

"Macy, thank you for the 5 pounds." Ray made sure to thank them first. "Uhh, yeah it's kind of a long story." She chuckled nervously.

Soon after, the chat completely bombarded her with 'TELL US', and other begging of the sort and the girl couldn't help but sigh.

"Okay, okay. Let me just hop into a match of bedwars and I'll tell you about it." 

Somehow playing her favorite game made Ray much more comfortable to speak about her surreal experience with some of the streamers she admired most. Her chat was attentively watching as she completely destroyed the opposition whilst casually telling her story.

It all started when one day she held a stream where she was dueling some of her viewers, and by the end, a donation of $100 came in. Ray couldn't believe her eyes, not because of the money, but who had sent it.

dreamwastaken donated $100
     you're doing really well, I'd love to duel sometime :)

Everyone could heal the girl's excited squeal before she wholeheartedly agreed. At first, she had thought it was just a small compliment as Dream usually supported smaller streamers in what they do. But to her surprise, after ending stream, she got an unexpected DM on her Minecraft Instagram. 

dreamwastaken
So when are you free for the duel?

At first, they were planning for a duel that Ray would hold a charity stream and then they would play some other games on Hypixel. But that all changed when Technoblade found out about her from Dream and also really wanted to join in on the duel for 'the views'. That's when the terms changed, and Dream proposed something else. 

"How about: if you manage to win against at least one of us in a duel, you'll be whitelisted on the Dream SMP and added to the lore." 

Despite being a little hesitant at first, due to the fact that streaming on the SMP would most likely have her stream more often and care much more about how she acted, Ray of course accepted the offer. 

And then here she was.

beebeebee_tubbosbee donated £3

Hello all newcomers, welcome to the stream! NightmareNyx is a literal goddess, you should      follow and sub ;))

"Thank you so much for the 3 pounds and yes, I absolutely agree." Ray laughed out, finally feeling comfortable with the overwhelming amount of viewers tuning in for her livestream. 

She looked away to her other monitor and was astounded by the number 34,506 under the 'currently watching' section.

It had taken her so aback in fact that she barely processed the next donation that came through.

yallrmuffinheads donated £4.50
     Hey, are you going to be streaming a lot with Tommy? If so, how do you two get along?

Ray let out a nervous chuckle, trying to figure out a way how to respond.

This was what the viewers wanted. Them interacting and having fun streams. But Ray just couldn't let go of the fact that she found Tommy incredibly annoying and that being in his presence just simply pissed her off. And she didn't know what to do about it.

"Thank you for the dono." She began awkwardly, clearing her throat afterwards. "I mean, it seems that we'll have to stream a lot together for the plotline. Although Tommy and I only met recently so we don't know each other that well."

Her eyes nervously scanned the chat, and Ray almost let out a sigh of relief seeing no intense backlash from anyone. 

But then she suddenly saw a familiar handle.

tommyinnit: I dont like you.

Well that was a bit rood tommy

but y'all can't tell me that the guy in the cover doesn't look like tommy, istg im so good at finding shit