2| Hyped

[WARNING: CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE OF (fictional) MINORS. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.]

"What's up?" You ask, turning the screen towards you.

"They found that pro hero, Deku," Hiroto explains, "he's all banged up and is being brought to a hospital nearby."

"What?"

"You don't believe me?" Hiroto says, handing you his banged up phone. "Look for yourself."

The screen is cracked through the middle, but you can still read the headline clearly. Your eyes widen in shock, despite already knowing what to expect.

'ᴅᴇᴋᴜ ꜱᴀᴠᴇᴅ ʙʏ ꜰᴇʟʟᴏᴡ ʜᴇʀᴏ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ʀᴇꜰᴜɢᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴏꜱᴘɪᴛᴀʟ'

"'Saved by fellow hero?'" You scoff, "They don't even name who? Something else must've happened."

"Whaddya mean?" Hiroto asks, taking his phone back from you, tracing a finger along the crack.

"Trust me, Hiroto," You tap the side of your head, smirking, "I just know. I haven't worked at a news agency for two months for nothing."

"Well," he coos, pointing at your computer, "looks like it's the end of two months for you."

You stand up, rushing to your computer. It's an email, from none other than Suzuki himself.

Oh boy.

He never talks to you, much less through emails, so it must be important. Either a promotion, which you doubt, or . . .

. . . you're getting fired. Not unexpected, but still, you love your job. (Although you would love it more if you could actually do it. . .)

You sigh, opening the message and preparing yourself for what's to come. You read the email aloud to your brother.

"Please come in early for work tomorrow," you say, skimming the words, "I have news, and a little something extra if you're interested. Signed, Kane Suzuki."

"A little fishy, but it doesn't sound like you're getting fired, at least," Hiroto says, looking at the screen over your shoulder. "Better do what he says, I guess."

He shrugs, sitting back down on the couch. 

"You're right," you sigh in relief. "Although he made it clear he doesn't like me. Not even a 'dear' or 'good evening'."

Hiroto laughs. "Well what'd you expect from a grumpy guy like him? Sleepy Suzuki I'd say. He can't get more than three hours of sleep each night."

You exit the page, sighing, ignoring Hiroto's comments. You run over the words in your mind. A little something extra? What could the old man mean?

You unconciously bring your hand to the blisters on your heels, using your quirk to ease the pain and heal the marks.

You hear Hiroto searching the fridge behind you. He sighs. 

"Hey, we're out of milk," he complains, "I was gonna make cereal."

"Cereal?" You scoff, "It's, like, 9 pm."