I: TWO

The Mandalorian and Killshot walk side by side through the valley of Arvala-7, underneath the very path they had taken with the Ugnaught earlier. Now, the only thing that separate them is the Child's floating pram. The Mandalorian had managed to connect it with his gauntlet, ensuring it would follow them. Killshot had insisted he connected it with hers as well, so reluctantly, he did. The pram would follow her whenever he decides to give up control.

The only sound around them is the sound of their steps, the Mandalorian's a bit louder because of his clunky boots, Killshot's light and quiet, almost like she's waiting to spring at something.

Every now and then, Killshot would catch a glimpse of small, lizard-like animals scurrying over the dirt, and she smirks to herself, almost feeling as if she's on her home-world; Another desert planet of which she does not miss too dearly. Feeling a stare on her, Killshot glances down at the Child, who's big brown eyes are trained on her. Not really knowing what to do, the assassin gives it a small smile before lifting her gaze back to her path.

After a few more moments, the trio reach a clearing, and The Mandalorian comes to a stop. For a split second, Killshot is confused. Then, she hears a low rustle. Watching the Mandalorian look around, Killshot taps her implant, drawing out her scope before she sets her hand on her blaster, the grip of it both familiar and calming.

Then, just as Mando and Killshot make eye contact through his T-visor, their assailant makes themselves known with a harsh battle-cry, launching themselves off of a rock towards the assassin. She grunts, dodging the bounty hunter's blade as it is swung at her. However, she's a second late, and her blaster is knocked out of her grasp. Killshot takes a few steps back, hand to hand is not her forte, so, when the Mandalorian jumps in front of her after sending the Child's pram back a few feet, she's relieved.

Quickly, the Bounty Hunter is able to wrench the blade from their assailant's grip as two more make themselves known. Calmly, Killshot runs for her blaster, letting the Mandalorian fight off the three creatures as she rushes to the asset. Seeing that it's alright, Killshot turns, seeing the Mandalorian pull his amban rifle off of his shoulder to fight with. The assassin raises her blaster, pulling the trigger twice, effectively killing the two assailants that were charging after her partner. Killshot is about to shoot the third, when the Mandalorian pulls the trigger first, disintegrating its target and making Killshot raise a brow, impressed.

Putting the rifle back over his shoulder, the Mandalorian stalks up to the brunette, "You couldn't have done that earlier?"

Playfully, Killshot smirks, "You had it under control," She says, "Are you hurt?"

She can hear the Mandalorian take a breath to answer when something catches his attention. A low beeping.

Hearing it too, Killshot spots the tracking fob that had fallen to the dirt, pointing directly at the child.

Pressing her lips into a thin line, Killshot releases a small sigh, "Let's keep moving," She mutters, keeping her blaster in her grip as they continue on their way.

--

The Mandalorian had been hurt in the fight, even though he didn't mention it. The group of three finds a clearing to rest for the night, surrounding a lantern. Killshot takes her blaster apart, going through her daily routine of cleaning the weapon, as well as taking care of any maintenance that she had overlooked throughout the day. She can hear her handler's voice in her head, 'take care of your weapon, as is it a part of you.'

The Mandalorian grunts from across the space, holding a cauterizer in his hand as he tries to repair the damage done to his arm. Trying to ignore the smell of burnt flesh, and the sound of his pain, Killshot puts her blaster back together and sets it back in her holster. Watching for a few more seconds, Killshot sighs, standing to her feet and closing the space between her and her partner, settling beside him, "Let me," She demands, holding out her hand for the cauterizer.