Chapter 91

Khloe's POV:

A soft quivery exhale passed through my lips as I lifted my fangs from Nico's skin.

My hands squeezed at his shoulders as the buzz his blood caused me to feel ran its course through my body.

That strange tingling warmth crawled tediously through me, leaving me momentarily speechless as I rested my head back onto his shoulder.

Nico responded by hooking his hands under my thighs and pulling, closing any possible remaining space in this straddling position I believe he's begun to favor as we did this.

He leaned us back until his upper back set against the headboard.

I fought to keep my eyes open, trying to wait for his blood to give me the small energy boost it always did.

My fatigue kicked in about midway through my conversation with Caroline, but I tried as hard as I could to make sure it didn't show.

I wanted to recover faster than my body was allowing me.

Plus I wanted to get as much information out of her as I could.

And she absolutely delivered, giving me more information about this bond than I thought was possible.

The only downside was that the results depended on my physical ability, which at the moment wasn't very outstanding.

I couldn't make him feel anything if I tried.

Not yet.

Which only deepened my want to be done with this recovery process faster.

He's been waiting for something like this his whole life, and I knew that now that he had it he wanted to make the most of every situation.

Even though I knew he enjoyed exploiting his side of this bond, I wanted him to be able to enjoy the receiving end of it just as much.

It was frustrating in a way I couldn't exactly pinpoint.

I guess as a human I came to terms with the fact that I couldn't be the 'perfect' partner due to our biological differences.

But now that I biologically could, but physically could not as I recovered, it just sat here as unbridled impatientness.

Did vampirism make me a lot more restless or something?

It was starting to feel that way.

I slid my arms under his and held them around his back, taking in his perfect warmth as the slow rise and fall of his chest wasn't exactly helping in keeping me awake.

Luckily I could feel the energizing effects of his blood just start to kick in.

Although this time it didn't seem as useful as it normally was.

One of his hands snaked under the back of my shirt as he leaned down even further.

"You know, if your body is telling you to rest, you should probably listen to it," He offered softly.

I exhaled a quick laugh.

"It's kind of hard to rest when your blood basically wires my brain to get close to you and make sure you don't leave," I responded.

I still couldn't believe this was what he had to deal with when he fed from me prior to my transformation.

"You know I won't go anywhere." He assured, the hand on my back softly dragging circles around my skin with the ends of his nails

True. Very true.

"But you haven't told me how your day went yet," I said, trying to grasp at whatever I could to get him to talk about something else.