157

In the heart of a small town, Fei Qianchi wandered. Dressed in a silver robe, his bright blue eyes peered ahead of him, his long white hair held up by a jade hairpin. Walking in the streets with the markets and booths surrounding the sides, many eyes wandered towards him.

Fei Qianchi looked around. He towered over everyone, his body strong and sturdy. As he looked around, he caught a peculiar item that attracted his attention.

"How much is this?" Fei Qianchi picked up a clay figure in his hand. The figure was not made with delicate designing. It was roughly put together but Fei Qianchi was reminded of his mother as he held the small clay figure in his hand. A smile came upon his lips as he asked the elderly man in front of him.

"Ah, two coppers, Young Sire." The elderly man was a bit stunned by Fei Qianchi, almost stammering as he glanced at the elegant youth.

Hearing this price, Fei Qianchi dug for his pouch. The clay figure was a rough maiden holding the hand of a small boy. Looking at it brought memories of his youth. He grabbed a silver teal and handed it to the man.

"This! Young Sire, you have paid too much!" The man shouted in turn.

But Fei Qianchi merely smiled, eyes shining brightly as the clay figure in his hands disappeared. "Please keep the change." Without getting an answer in turn, Fei Qianchi had already turned away.

Two weeks had passed by. Fei Qianchi was currently walking through Qingyang like what Hou Mengshu had told him. The small town was quiet and peaceful, with a beautiful scenery surrounding it.

As Fei Qianchi walked past a few men, he overheard their voices.

"Serves him right for daring to speak back to me!"

"Do you think he is dead by now?"

"Who knows? Dead or alive, it won't matter either way. Such a person deserves to die."

As Fei Qianchi heard this, a flicker of memories ran past his mind, bringing back a feeling of anger. He clenched his fist, his eyes turning darker. But he listened quietly, now slowly walking behind the men.

"Leave him there to die! The forest has no one within it, no one will find his body. Let the beasts of Taibai take care of him!"

Hearing this, Fei Qianchi understood what was going on. He looked around, trying to find an alley without people walking through. As he walked part everyone, he turned into an alley bared of people. He knew where that forest was. Wasting no time, Fei Qianchi's hands moved quickly, making a seal, his body disappearing soon after.

Appearing in a lush forest, Fei Qianchi took out Baihe. As he used his Qi to scan the forest for a living person, he felt a presence deeper into the forest. Fei Qianchi breathed heavily as he stepped onto Baihe, the sword soon flying in the air as he stood on top of it. Looking down at the forest, Fei Qianchi made sure to carefully scan for the human they were speaking of. It didn't take long for Fei Qianchi to locate a breath of air in the forest.

Fei Qianchi let out a breath of relief, his sword descending down into the forest. As he jumped off of the sword, his silver robes fluttered in the wind. Fei Qianchi stopped before a small body, battered in wounds and blood.

With his blue eyes tinted in worry, Fei Qianchi knelt down by the boy, checking his body. The boy was so small. Fury ran through his veins, thinking about how someone could hurt a boy like this. Fei Qianchi felt a flicker of anger run through him, pushing to suppress the voice within him. Calming himself, Fei Qianchi took out a small bottle filled with glowing liquid. Luckily, Qi Meiyao had dumped bottles and bottles of pills onto him. She had also stuffed some elixirs into his arms.