Chapter 6: It Takes Two to Tango

I've been perched on this rooftop for at least an hour now.

My recovery wasn't long, I stayed in base for about two more days to fully come back from my crash. My chest doesn't ache anymore when I walk and I stopped glitching at the slightest hint of panic. So now back in full swing, I'm ready to knock some sense into some people once again.

Tomura said he had some sort of heist planned or a comeback mission for me as soon as my recovery was over. He didn't tell me any details about what we'd be doing, just where to be and that I'd be waiting for him. Now I don't mind following orders from the boss, I've gotten pretty damn good at that, the problem I have is that it's a slightly cool night out, and I've been waiting here without a sign from him for almost an hour.

But, I knew Tomura, if he says he's gonna do something, he's gonna do it, that man does not hesitate for a single second. And that's how he keeps all of us at the league under control.

Sat up on the roof of the building Tomura told me to meet him at, I had my monster energy drink in one hand, and my sniper in the other, taking sips every once in a while and watching the people beneath me scatter around like ants. Mid-sip I heard a bass-centered noise behind me, causing me to both cock my rifle, and tilt my head over my shoulder to see where it came from.

The swirling smoke of black and purple created an open portal, with Tomura Shigaraki decked out in his stylish grabbers walking out of it and coming towards me.

"You probably had a reason, but you took your time getting here Tomura." I said to him, partially annoyed about him making me wait for an hour. As sarcastic as I sounded, I meant it in a respectful way.

"Sorry, got held up. Had to make sure everybody knew I was leaving and that I left everything in good hands."

Oh my god I was so ready to make a stupid hands joke right then and there, the amount of self-restraint I had to muster was immeasurable.

He came up and stood beside me, joining me as we looked over the city and I took another sip of my drink. We both probably had similar ideas in mind, watching the people beneath us and feeling a slight sense of power as we watched from a position where at any moment, we could easily reap havoc on this entire block if we wanted. But of course, self-control was keeping us both from becoming reckless and ignorant.

As I finished my drink and crushed it into a disk so I could fit it in my laptop bag, I looked up at Tomura.

I was slightly taken back when I looked at him, because he took off the hand on his face to get a clearer sight of the city. His expression was a little unreadable, as I could imagine he was most likely lost in thought while looking at the city lights. I waited until he seemed more in the present before asking my question.

"So, what are we doing today? You said a heist?"

He snapped out of his dazed state and placed the hand he removed back on his face after letting out a sigh, "Look down on this building, look familiar?"

I was a little confused about what he was going on about, but I followed his orders and took a look down at the buildings below as he instructed. At first nothing caught my eye, until a nostalgic feeling overwhelmed me in a split second at a swinging sign that hung over a small coffee shop across the street from us. Holy shit, that coffee shop is still open? It's the same cafe I remember ambushing the day I met Tomura.

"... Why are we here?"

Shigaraki's smile just barely showed and he looked down at me, "Just for old time's sake, and besides, had to get you out of base."

He explained that a couple of pro heroes and interns will be out on patrol tonight, and that ever since my stunt at the cafe, this street has been on everybody's watch list for crimes throughout the year. I gotta admit, I felt proud of myself for starting something this big on my first day. No wonder I caught Tomura's attention so easily in one day. He told me that I could start this heist however I wanted, and I knew exactly how.