Nine

That same day, Yoongi was sitting at his cafeteria table with Hoseok and Seokjin. To his surprise, neither of them mentioned what happened this morning. Yoongi silently thanked Seokjin for standing up for him, Seokjin nodding with a smile in return.

Then Jungkook sat next to him.

Yoongi's eyes widened. He knew that Jungkook was near because it was lunchtime, but he wasn't expecting Jungkook to sit next to him or even speak to him at all.

"Yoongi." He ignored the looks coming from Yoongi's friends. Yoongi looked at him like he was crazy but Jungkook wasn't going to back down anytime soon. "Can we talk?"

What's there to talk about?

Even though it sounded dumb, Yoongi stood up and left his plate on the table, excusing himself from his friends as Jungkook stood up with him. Yoongi could see Taehyung and Jimin sitting at Jungkook's table. No Suk-Yeong and no Yuri in sight.

Jungkook brought Yoongi out of the cafeteria and straight to the side entrance of the school, the picnic table waiting for them.

They sat down, Jungkook instantly pulling Yoongi into him, pressing his skin right into the scent gland on Yoongi's neck. Yoongi's eyes fluttered closed, the Alpha's skin pressing into him very lovingly. He wasn't sure what Jungkook was doing or why, but he didn't question it. He just inhaled deeply as Jungkook gently pressed into him, the feeling of his soulmate making him relax.

    "Yoongi." Jungkook whispered into his ear. "Let me scent you." ... What?

"S-Scent me?" Yoongi's body sizzled against Jungkook's soft skin. Jungkook let out small moans of agreement as he took in Yoongi's scent, rubbing into it. He nodded into Yoongi's neck, clearly not understanding the consequences if he scented Yoongi. "Jungkook, you- you can't. Your girlfriend—"

"If I see another Alpha looking at you I'm gonna fucking break their neck, Yoongi." Jungkook growled, rubbing his scent on Yoongi hesitantly. "Please let me." He said.

Yoongi contemplated, but shook his head and pushed Jungkook off of him. "Yuri." He looked into Jungkook's hurt eyes, a small pout on the Alpha's lips as he questioned why. "Your girlfriend won't like that. She probably won't like us being out here, either."

"I don't care." Jungkook frowned. He's a lot more whiney than Yoongi remembers. And he thought about the first few days of school, when Yoongi couldn't find it in himself to fear the True Alpha. This is why. He must've just known that Jungkook wouldn't harm him purposely. "Please, Yoongi. If they- They'll smell my scent on you. They'll stop looking at you. And all will be good, so please—"

"No."

Jungkook bit his lip to keep from pouting at Yoongi again. Yoongi's heart melted at the guilty, pleading look in Jungkook's eyes.

"No." He repeated. "We're not mated. We aren't going to bond, not gonna mate—"

"What?" Jungkook asked, confused.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows at him. "Jungkook.." He said softly, the look on Jungkook's frustrated face making Yoongi feel a little bad for him. "You have a girlfriend. You can't have a girlfriend and scent me. You cant mate with me if you have another Omega."

Jungkook's eyes averted from his, embarrassment seeping in. "Right." He said. "But.. They keep looking at you.."

"And?" Yoongi crossed his arms. "I mean, do you know how many Omegas look at you? Do you know how shitty I feel? You have a girlfriend, Jungkook." He explained. "Imagine how much I suffer." Yoongi rolled his eyes, standing up from the bench. "So go scent your girlfriend. I'm sure she'll love it."