Chapter 44

MADISON POV
I was on Klaus's back as we walked up the mountain.

I was singing to this new band called One Direction....they're literally my new favorite people.

They're all British well one's Irish but they're all really cute.

"You ok is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan "I'm fine but I could ask you the same." Stefan looked at him and Amelia who was carrying Nick on her back.

"I'm hurt Stefan. First you eat my friend and now you're calling me fat." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"How many times am I gonna have to apologize for that?" He asked "Can you bring back thumper?" I asked.

"No." He said simply "Then a thousand more times." I said and Klaus laughed.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down.." Klaus suggested.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."Stefan said.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you. What happened to the fun Stefan I once knew?" Amelia asked.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." He said

"Well thanks to our pal Ray we found ourselves a werewolf pack." Klaus said we saw a bunch of people. Stefan threw Ray to the ground, carelessly.

Nick and I got down and sat on a log, he still wouldn't talk to me. He barely even looked at me.

"Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" A woman asks, running to his body.

"The important question is who are we. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus and my sister Amelia." Klaus smirked.

"You're the hybrids." She stated "You've heard of us Fantastic." He smiled, his ego growing bigger by the second.

"It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus said.

Ray woke up, in the most dramatic way "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." Amelia said "What's happening to me?" He asked "Stefan?" Klaus said

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Stefan stood.

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus said "you!" Amelia pointed speeding to him biting his arm throwing him to Stefan.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop." Stefan said, I turned I couldn't watch...Stefan was slowly losing himself.

I could help, but I'm being selfish and holding onto a stupid grudge....I'm a Mikaelson for sure.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Amelia said "I'd rather die than be a vampire." She said "you'll be dead either way." Amelia said.

Klaus gave the woman his blood and Amelia snapped her neck.

"She'll thank me for that later. Heh." Klaus shrugged "Okay, who's next?" Amelia asked and her and Klaus got to turning everyone.

"there good as new you sit tight they're gonna need you when they wake up." Klaus said, laying the human guy down.

"They're dead. They're all dead." Ray mumbled "Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon." Klaus said.

"So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?" Stefan asked the twins.

"No, not slaves. Soldiers, comrades." Klaus said "I don't really care either way." Amelia said.

"For what war, might I ask?"stefan asked, he's boxy today "Oh, you don't arm yourself after war has been declared, Stefan." Amelia smirked.

"You build your army so big that no one ever dares pick a fight." Klaus smiled.

"What makes you so sure that they'll be loyal."
Stefan asked crossing his arms.

"Well, it's not difficult to be loyal when you're on the winning team. That's something you'll learn once you shake that horribly depressive chip off your shoulder."Klaus laughs.

"That's why you're, uh...you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?" stefan asked I looked at ray that's not supposed to happen.

"You'll know why I'm keeping you around when I've decided that I want you to know." Klaus says "Something's wrong." I said

"That shouldn't be happening, should it?" Nick asked "Well, obviously." Nik said ray was shaking and his eyes were bleeding.

"You said it was gonna feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?" Ray asks "Some master race." Stefan said and I giggled "Lose the attitude." Klaus gave him a look.

The woman woke up "Derek, come feed your girlfriend." Amelia said Ray growls jumps and runs away.

"Go get him." Klaus said to Stefan "stay close to us." Amelia told me and Nick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bad news, my friend. End of the road for you." Klaus was about to snap Derek's neck.

The woman speeds up to us "Careful, love. There's only one Alpha here." Klaus said and Amelia coughed "sorry two." He said.

Some of them came at us, Nick and I ran to hide behind a tree while Klaus and Amelia fought off the wolves.

"They went rabid. Some of them, we killed. The others just...Bled out. In the end... They're all dead." Klaus said, Stefan made it back.

Klaus yelled throwing the beer bottle "I did everything I was told! I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. We killed a werewolf. We killed a vampire. We killed the doppelgänger." He yelled.

I winced at the part about Elena I haven't really thought about her much since I left.

"Nik." Amelia placed her hand on his arm, he shook his head and turned.

"You look like hell." He said to Stefan "Last I checked, I'm dying...and you don't want to heal me." Stefan said

"What?" I asked, what's wrong with him. "I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do."Stefan said looking down at Ray's body.

"It should have worked." Klaus whispered and grabbed an empty beer bottle. He bit into his wrist bleeding into the bottle.

He gave it to Stefan to drink "bottoms up we're leaving appears you're the only comrade I have left." Klaus says to Stefan.

"Hey what about us!" Nick and I said and he placed us both on his shoulders. "You two, are special and you're family." He walked back to the car.

"So is Stefan." I whispered and he looked up at me "That was a long time ago, little wolf." He said placing me and Nick down.

"Yeah, but I remember as well as you do. You liked him way more than my dad. You were brothers even." I said

He rolled his eyes "Get in the car." He smiled a bit and I laughed.

Everyone was in and Klaus started to drive.

"I'm sorry." Nick whispered leaning over and I looked at him "For what? In the one who lied." I said

"Yeah, well you were just trying to keep me as normal as possible." He said and we laughed.

"Best friends again?" I held out my pinky which he linked his with "Always." He said "And forever." I finished.

I pulled out my phone Klaus got me and plugged in my earphones giving one to Nick.

He just so happens to like One Direction too. See why we're best friends.