fourteen

I really dreaded having to go to school because I was scared that somebody could drop their books or something and that would automatically trigger me and I go into full panic mode

I really dreaded having to go to school because I was scared that somebody could drop their books or something and that would automatically trigger me and I go into full panic mode. I was standing at my locker getting my AP Calc book out of it.

When I get to AP Calculus, Paola is stuffing Sour Cream & Onion pringles in her mouth as she looks at her phone. Being the nosey friend I am, I sit down and peer over her shoulder to look at her phone as I see that she's no doubt texting Ryan.

She's giggling at her phone and then begins to look at it and sigh the next minute.

"What's wrong?" I ask her in confusion as to why her mood changed so quickly.

She puts another pringle in her mouth and sighs again, resting her head on my shoulder, "Ryan isn't here. I'm just looking at all the texts he sent me last night, ya know cause we were talking about you and whatnot, and he hasn't responded to me since yesterday." she shakes her head shutting off her phone and turning it over so the apple logo faces up, "Do you think somethings wrong?"

Ryan has been very good to Paola throughout the time that they've been talking, living up to all the rumors that have been said about them being together. They've been inseparable. From setting up Ryan's laptop in his locker and playing Just Dance in the hallway with their cellphones as remotes against each other, Ryan pretending to be James Corden and interview Paola as if she was a celebrity as they play carpool karaoke as they sing spice girls and various girl group songs.

If you ask me, I'd say they were twin flames and I'm glad they found each other but I just didn't expect them to fall for each other so fast like this.

"I think he's okay. Maybe he's just busy. Do you know if he's in school?"

"No, and that's what got me worried too. I don't even think Jesse is here either." she nods her head towards Jesse's usual seat in the back of the room.

I turn in the direction her head was pointing towards to notice that Jesse's seat as in fact empty and I was kinda confused by it. But then again, he usually comes late so maybe he's just gonna show up later on.

-------------------------------------------------

After Mrs.Tran came to class we started going over the lesson for that day. When the bell rang for us to move to our next class I noticed that Jesse still wasn't in class and most likely hadn't come to school at all.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm very much afraid of Jesse especially after our little talk we had after detention.

He's said some harsh things to me before that day but he genuinely has never been so cruel towards me. I don't even know what made me want to see him today knowing damn well that I would try to cower away from him the minute that we make eye contact.

Jesse and I had like two classes together and I didn't see him in our Honors English either.

I've always been confused as to how he takes honors and Ap classes it's not like he's dumb or anything but he just flat out barely shows up or will turn up to class 30 minutes before it ends. I even wonder how his grades are in that class but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Or at least I shouldn't care.