The debut

Vic

I double checked and triple checked my equipment bags to make super sure I had everything I need or may need for Harry's show tonight. I'm excited but so anxious, I know I have nothing to worry about but... this feels a completely different world from what I have been doing. It's exciting but frightening.

There was a knock at the door and I rushed to go open it for him. I opened the door and he smiled and I waved him in quickly and closed the door. I zipped up my camera bag and sling it over my shoulder and looked at him.

"Victoria Townes, I don't even get a hello?" He asked and I rolled my eyes and tilted my head.

"Hello." I said lightly and he smiled and grabbed the other black bag from the floor that had extra lenses, a stand, and extra batteries for the camera.

"Okay, before we head out let's just... let's just take a moment." He said and walked over to me and slung the bag he had over his shoulder and placed a hand on either of of my arms. "We've got this. This is going to be... so great. We. Can. Do this." He said while locking eyes with me and I took a deep breath and nodded.

"We can do this." I repeated back to him and he nodded and offered a comforting smile.

"Let's rock and roll." He said and I rolled my eyes at his choice is phrasing and I we walked towards the door. I'm carpooling with Harry so it's just easier for me to not have to worry about parking in the wrong place or somehow not being able to get in. They have to let you in if you're being walked in by the singer.

The drive into LA took us about an hour with all the traffic, but we went unnoticed as we pulled into the venue and drove around to the back of the building and into the garage. Once we parked we climbed out and I grabbed my bags from the backseat and Harry put a lanyard around my neck with my picture ID pass to make sure everyone knows I'm supposed to be here. He lead me from the large concrete garage down some hallways, passing large men with staff shirts on from the venue.

My heart is racing and my palms are drenched in sweat. I'm actually here. I am hours away from the biggest shoot I've done this far in my career... no big deal, right? He walked me to a white door that had his name on a sign taped to the center, he opened it and let me walk into the dressing room before him. I set my bags down and started unpacking my camera, twisting the lense into place and wiping it clean with a wipe before I placed it around my neck by the leather strap and lifted it and took a random picture of Harry.

"Alright, time to go find the rest of your band." I told him, really it was just an excuse to go find Sarah and catch up with her.

"Come here." He said softly and waved me over, I walked over to him and he smiled brightly at me and nodded. "I'll see you soon, make sure to find me before you take your place." He said quietly and i nodded. He wrapped me in a quick hug and my anxiety disappeared and left me with just pure excitement. I'm backstage at a Harry Styles concert, in his dressing room, about to go find his band, and start the biggest shoot of my career. No matter how many times I say it, it still blows me away a little.

I found the white door with Sarah's name taped to it and knocked softly and waited a moment before she asserted the door and smiled widely at me and pulled me into her room closing the door.

"Oh my god, how do you feel? Are you excited? This is gonna be so cool." She said quickly, her tone thick with excitement.

"How do you feel? You're about to preform your album for the first time!" I said and she smiled and nodded.

"I...I am so thrilled. It's going to be so amazing." She said with a smile and I nodded back and motioned to my camera.

"I gotta go scope out my spot for the show and make sure my stuff is where I can grab it. I'll see you later, and if I don't see you before the show... good luck." I said and she nodded and took a deep breath before I let myself out. I made my way to where the stage was and walked to the space between the barricade and the stage and set my bags down in the corner against the side of the stage and then turned to admire the empty venue, it's hard to believe that in just a couple of hours every single seat in here will be filled and it'll be hard to even hear my own thoughts. I am more than excited to be seeing Harry in his element, up close and personal.