A TRIP TO REMEMBER

____

____

"CAN you explain how and why you were down there?" Draco asked furious, he was now pacing in front of the common room fireplace with his hands flinging around to show how upset he was, "When did you become one of their most prized objects—whose?!"

Next to Ethaline on the couch was Pansy who held her and Theo who was leaning on the wall, starring at the ground as if he wasn't sure what to do with what he knew.

Ethaline shook at the tone of his voice, "I don't know." She whispered quietly.

Draco stared at her baffled as he scoffed, "YOU DONT KNOW?!" He roared, "So you didn't walk willingly to Dumbledick's office—sat there and discussed before the game?!"

Ethaline winced, "Well I did—"

"ETHALINE WHY WERE YOU THERE?!" He bellowed, his chest rising and falling faster than he could process. Ethaline shot up from her seat, her eyes flashing with anger as Pansy did the same.

Theo clenched his fist, "Mate—"

"Stay out of this Theo." Draco warned, "This is between me and my sister."

"And what do you hope to gain from their Draco?" Ethaline asked quickly, her blood boiling in anger—an emotion she hardly experienced let alone displayed for anyone.

"What I hope," Draco snarled, "Is to know how you came to be in that lake where the idiot chosen ones are supposed to find what they lost. Is it Potter—"

"It was my fault." Theo blurted out. Draco stopped dead in his tracks. "What?" He asked, his tone low as Pansy's eyes widened slightly.

Ethaline shook her head at Theo, almost begging him not to say anything else while Draco walked forward. "I got Ethy in trouble during Care of Magical Creatures and it happened to be the same day Potter was there. The giant Oaf told her to tutor him and when she refused to because of who he was I stepped in and told her to do it to avoid her getting in any more trouble. The bloody git must have thought she cared or something—"

Draco gripped Theo shoulders and shoved him against the wall, "You have no right to be telling her who she could talk to—let alone get her in trouble with one of your pathetic attempts to woo her."

Theo shoved Draco off of him, "Never." Theo warned as he took a step forward, "Put. Your. Fucking. Hands. On. Me." He warned as he swallowed hard.

The tension in the room had skyrocketed and Ethaline finally spoke up, her friendship was beginning to prove itself an obstacle in her life and just like everything else in her life—if it proved to be a problem it had to go.

"Draco." Pansy said softly, "Why don't we head up for dinner." She suggested, "I've got something to show you."

Draco didn't look at Ethaline as he pushed past her, "That better be your last interaction with Potter, or so Godric help me Ethaline Florence, my anger will be nothing compared to father's when he finds out." He said before leaving her there.