xiao ❧ worry

"oh my morax the fuck, xiao?!
you scared the shit out of me."

xiao x reader fluff ❧ xiao gets worried after a few days of no responses from you and finds you sick at wangshu inn

xiao x reader
fluff xiao gets worried after a few days of no responses from you and finds you sick at wangshu inn

( continuation of almond tofu + helpless )

.

Xiao sat near the edge of the floating platform by Qingyun Peak, close to the Archon statue. A quiet sigh left his lips as he watched some fowls fly by in disinterest. It had almost been two and a half days since you had called for him through the crystal he had given you (Xiao was most definitely counting the time apart from you).

It was odd. something felt off. You almost called him everyday for mundane tasks and sometimes you called him— half ready to cut a mountain in half— for things like cooking.

Nonetheless, he knew you were capable of protecting yourself. Still, that unsettled feeling sat queasily in his stomach to which he finally decided to do something.

In an instant, with the guide of the winds, he was able to fast travel to Wangshu Inn to ask verr if she knew where you had ventured off to.

To his surprise, Verr told him that you've been cooped up in your room for the past two days and haven't left since. His brows pinched together at her words before thanking her and rushing up the stairs of the inn.

Xiao found your room locked and being the gentleman that he is, breaks the door down in one powerful kick to find you knocked out cold on the floor.

Although the bastard wouldn't dare admit he had feelings for a mere human, the way he sprinted over and scooped you into his arms to check if you were still breathing proved otherwise.

Xiao's touch was gentle, brushing any stray hairs from your face. He immediately noticed the spike in temperature at the touch of your skin and panic set in.

Adeptus he may be, Xiao didn't know the first thing about 'caring' for humans so he did his best.

He gently sets you onto the bed in your room, running off into the bathroom to wet some towels to place into your forehead in hopes of breaking that fever.

However, when he returned, he found you sitting upright with a hazy look in your eyes.

"(y/n)...?"

Xiao's voice was soft so when you looked up, rubbing your eyes groggily and blinking twice. You suddenly panicked before he rushed over and you got to see him more clearly.

"Oh my Morax— the fuck, Xiao?! You scared the shit out of me!" You shouted before a fit of coughs left your lips. His brows furrowed before helping you lay down.

"What did I do?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"It's not like I could see all that well after just waking up— all I saw was someone, in my room, looming over me!" You scoffed, pulling the blankets close to your face to hide the very apparent redness spreading to your cheeks.

"But... I appreciate coming here to check up on me."

This time, it was Xiao's turn to blush. Crimson bloomed on his face at your words and the Yaksha immediately turned away, to hide his own expression and stuttered, "I-It's because you didn't say anything for like two and a half days!"

You giggled quietly, "still, it's very kind of you Xiao." You heard him grumble something angrily before sighing and facing you, pink still dusting his cheeks. "You ought to take better care of yourself or you'll end up dead."

"But I have my wonderful Guardian Yaksha boyfriend watching over me at all times~"

"B-BOYFRIEND?! EXCUSE ME?"

"OH- QUIT BEING SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN! YOU KNOW DAMN WELL IT'S TRUE!"