Torture

Ellie rushed out to the drawing room, and her face dropped with horror. Held by a Snatcher stood Ron and Hermione, who glanced at Ellie fearfully. On the other side, Bellatrix held a disfigured boy who Ellie immediately recognized to be Harry. Her father was amongst Lucius and Narcissa, his serious expression having returned to his once desperate face.

Ellie and Hermione locked eyes, and a sorrow expression plastered itself on the Hufflepuff's face. She clenched her fists, digging her nails into her palms. She held her gaze with Hermione, in which the Gryffindor's eyes flickered to Ellie's hands and silently warned her not to try anything.

"Ah, Ellie. Lovely for you to join us," Bellatrix greeted with a maniacal smirk.

Ellie didn't say anything as she continued to stare at Harry's face, distracted by the prominent swelling. One eye was completely shut, while his other green eye stared at her hopefully.

Bellatrix took notice of Ellie's stare and immediately turned to her, a smirk creeping upon her face.

"Familiar, isn't he?" she barked. "Tell me, and you better not lie, is this... Harry Potter? You two are very good friends, no?"

Ellie approached the boy closer, who was kneeling as Bellatrix yanked his head backwards.

"We're no longer friends. Stopped talking after what happened at the Ministry a couple years back," Ellie lied as she examined her friend. "Couldn't be him. Last I remember, he wasn't all that... horrifying."

Bellatrix sighed harshly. "You're no help," she barked before turning to Draco.

"Well?" she pursued to the blonde.

"I can't be sure," Draco said quickly, avoiding eye contact with either of them.

"Draco. Look closely, son," Lucius commanded as he gripped the back of his neck firmly. He spoke quietly, though his words were heard by those around him. "If we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord... everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was, you understand?"

A man spoke up from behind him, and Ellie immediately recognized him to be the Snatcher that they had nearly encountered that one night many months ago. Ellie gritted her teeth as her eyes grew dark with rage.

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr. Malfoy."

"You dare talk to me like that in my own house?" Lucius roared, his voice echoing off the high ceilings.

"Lucius," Narcissa pleaded, immediately rushing over to him, pulling him backwards.

Ellie stared in horror as the events unfolded. She couldn't keep her eyes to herself, as she kept searching for Hermione's signal to help, hoping she would nod in approval.

"Don't be shy, sweetie. Come over," Bellatrix ordered, taking Draco's hand to kneel in front of Harry. "Now, if this isn't who we think it is, Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

"What's wrong with his face?" Draco questioned as Harry's open eye stared at him.

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix asked out loud.

"He came to us like that," the Snatcher responded. "Something he picked up in the forest, I reckon."

"Or ran into a Stinging Jinx," Bellatrix whispered as she turned to Hermione. "Was it you, dearie?"

She approached Hermione slowly, in which Ellie fought back every urge not to hex her.

"Give me her wand. We'll see what her last spell was. Ah. Got you," Bellatrix demanded.