A Game

Year 850 

"Is she alright?" A feminine yet deep voice spoke out, muffled. 

"She should be alright, she got lucky...Another inch closer she would have been blown to pieces," Another fuzzy voice came out. 

"Good, she's gonna hear it from me," Someone says as I shift a bit. 

"I...Heard that...Jean," I say as I hear shuffling around. 

"We did it!!" A Scout yells. out as I finally open up my eyes. 

"Hey! What the hell was that?! You're lucky we got his nape open!! You wasted your thunder spear! And for what?! I thought you hated the damn bastard!! Look at yourself, you burnt your cape off! And your hair's a mess! Do you pity him now?!" Jean asks grabbing my collar and jerking me. 

"Jean! Get a hold of yourself! She's in bad condition. Yes, she made a mistake but all that matters is that we got Reiner," Armin says as Jean drops me and giving me his cape.

"First time she's hesitated against an enemy. But this time it's against an enemy she swore to kill! You think that's like her?!" Jean badgers Armin. 

"We blew the bastard's head off!" A Scout shouts as I slowly roll over to see Reiner. 

"The Armored Titan just bit dust!!" Someone else shouts. 

'Was it what he said?'

"We sent him straight to hell! Good riddance!" A Scout shouts from above me as Jean picks me up off my feet. 

"Wake your ass up. The least you can do is stand for god sake," Jean says as I slump forward on my feet. 

"Ha...Ha...We pulled it off," Connie says as Armin helps me up. 

"Don't listen to Jean, he's probably just worried about you," Armin whispers as I look over to him as he smiles at Reiner's poked out body. 

"You were a serious pain in the ass for us! Serves you right! You scumbag!" Jean shouts out to Reiner as Connie and Sasha start to whimper. 

"What the hell are you crying for?! Stop! Get up! We still have work to do!! Don't cry for him! He would've done the same thing to us!" Jean shouts in Connie and Sasha's faces. 

"He...He's very serious about that, huh?" I say as Armin smiles at me. 

"Jean has grown a lot, you may not see it because you two are with each other all the time, but he has grown the most out of all of us. I know he messes around with you a lot but, he really cares about you, and that's why he pushes you so hard. You're his best friend at this point and I don't think he plans on losing you. If he did, I think he'd be beyond crushed. Think about it, every time you've been almost killed, who was there? Who was the first voice and face have you seen? It's always been, Jean," Armin says as I give him a concerned look. 

"What's with the look? I'm telling you the truth..." He says as I smile. 

"Oh, it's nothing...I was just thinking. Jean said the last thing he wants to see is me crying. Don't you think it's a little weird?" I ask as Armin looks at Jean. 

"No, I don't. Just like me, we have our wishes to fulfill. When you ranted to Bertholdt back when you got kidnapped, it hit all of us. I don't think anyone truly knew the truth behind your smile. For Jean, I think it really affected him. You said you couldn't cry because you were drowning in your own head and you wanted to live again. That being said, Jean just wants you to catch a break and live because it's what you wish. He isn't being selfish and thinking for himself. He's thinking for the person he loves and cares about the most...I think you should treasure it," Armin says as my eyes widen.