Chapter-24

Hey beautiful people,
I sincerely apologise for the late update!
Somethings came up and I had to take care of it.
Enjoy the chapter;)
***********

Nova

I chewed on my lower lip anxiously as each dreadful second passed. I unwillingly waited for Nicholas in the courtroom, along with the others.

After that incident in the city, Sebastian was forcefully brought into the castle by the guards.
I watched helplessly as he was compelled on his knees and bound by huge chains. When he tried to resist, Sir Henry gave a sharp blow on his face which caused a bruise immediately.
I couldn't meet my eyes with Sebastian, but I could feel his questioning gaze on me all the time.

Now! who's going to tell him that I'm not his lover?

I slightly jumped in my place when I heard the door open. There stood the Devil, all high and mighty. He marched in with a calm and straight face but, only I knew that it was the calm before the storm.
I shuddered at the thought of him getting angry on me again!

I know he wouldn't kill me but what about Sebastian?

Poor Sebastian! I thought.

He narrowed his eyes when he looked at Sebastian and then he took a glance in my direction. Surprisingly, Sebastian didn't look down instead he glared back at Nicholas with equal ferocity. He is a brave man, I give him that.

"Kill him" were the only two words uttered by the Devil while he kept his eyes locked on me.

I gasped in fright and I could tell he wasn't pleased at my reaction.

"What is my crime?" questioned Sebastian.

He turned his eyes back to Sebastian before answering.

"You fell in love with my woman. That is your crime" he said clenching his fists.

"Your woman?" he chuckled loudly and continued,

"She loves me with her whole heart but she'll never love a monster like you" he scoffed.

A loud growl echoed in the room.

Shit!

Sebastian had literally just signed his own death sentence.

I could see Nicholas shaking with anger. His eyes turned deadly dark as he approached the fearless Sebastian.
Well, fearless and foolish cause the guy is now certain to die.

Nicholas had now taken out his sword and had placed it inches away from Sebastian's throat, ready to slit his throat.

I was frozen for a second, watching the scene in front of me.
Then, something came over me and I quickly rushed towards them and stood in between them, shielding Sebastian from a very angry Nicholas.

I couldn't just watch an innocent guy die, because of me.
Nicholas looked shocked and furious, at my actions.

"Move, princess" he ordered but I refused to even move a centimetre.

His jaw ticked impatiently and he tried to move past me with a firm grip on his sword but before he could strike, I shielded Sebastian yet again.

Everyone in the room looked astounded at my behaviour.
Maybe it's because if I were someone else, I would have been pretty much dead by now.

At this point I was darn sure he was fuming in anger.

"Why are you protecting him? Do you love him, princess?" he growled, inching closer to me.

Before I had a chance to reply, another voice beat me to it.
It was Sebastian's.

"Because she loves me. You will never understand that" he smirked in joy.