10

Brady Hutton

"No matter what, you stay in the car and keep your head down, "I instructed Liam and got out of the car.

"O-okay."He said nervously.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea that I was doing this because Liam was currently with me. The crime was nearby and I needed some action after missing out for so long.

A vandalism case is never usually anything crazy. Most of the time, it's just people getting drunk and painting on a building,

I went inside of an alley next to an abandoned building and wasn't even surprised to see Ryan and some of his friends drawing some graffiti on the wall. Some part of me hopes that it was him so I could finally arrest him.

"Well, aren't you guys the artist," I said sarcastically.

Everyone jumped except for Ryan, who was smirking as if he was expecting me.

"I see the black eye hasn't ruined your vision," Ryan remarked.

"You know how this goes, hands up and turned around, "I instructed calmly. I already arrested everyone there a few times before so I wasn't going to waste my time explaining their rights and everything else because they already know by now.

"Aren't we gonna make a run for it?"One of the guys asked dumbly.

"Nah," Ryan shook his head with the smirk still attached to his face, "I don't mind a visit to the station."

I restrained all 3 of them with the handcuffed. I only had two, so Ryan was handcuffed by himself while the other two, were cuffed together.

I lead them to the car and forced themselves inside, not that they struggled.

"Oh, well hello, hot stuff," Ryan said to Liam but got ignored.

"Don't talk to him, "I warned even though Ryan couldn't touch Liam because they were blocked by a cage but I never wished for it to be soundproof until I saw how uncomfortable Liam looked.

"Aren't you gonna turn around?"Ryan asked Liam.

"Come on, turn around for us, baby."The other guy with the face tattoos said.

"Shut up, Tats."Ryan spat, "Only I can call him that."

"Ignore them, "I said softly to Liam. He just nodded awkwardly and looked like he didn't want to be there. Maybe I chose a bad time to do this.

"So, you got any sisters?"Tat asked Liam.

"One more word and I swear that my buddies won't treat you well in the cell, "I warned.

"Oh please, "The third guy laughed hysterically, "Vandalism ain't gonna send me to prison."

"He meant the station's cell, you idiot," Tat said rudely to his friend.

"I knew that."He mumbled.

&&&&&&

After putting the thugs in a cell, I went to check in on Liam, who was in his father's office.

I went inside to see him talking to his father. At least he was smiling again. I felt really bad about what happened because he barely said anything to me after we arrived.

"I have to go back to work. Deputy Hutton will send home."Sheriff Rawley said to his son and nodded to me while passing me by to get out.

I took a step inside the office and closed the door behind me, "I'm sorry about what happened."

"No," He shook his head, "You were just doing your job."

"Anyways, "He shrugged, "I'm supposed to send you home."

Liam Rawley

It didn't take us long to arrive at the house because it was only a few minutes away from the station.

"I can stay in the car and wait here if you want," Brady said awkwardly while we were still inside the car.

"I don't mind the company inside, "I said.

He nodded and the both of us got outside of the car and inside the house.

"You can watch tv or whatever."I said to him, "And make yourself comfortable."

"Yeah, okay."He sat down on the couch, "Do you want to watch something together? If you're not doing anything."

I hesitated at first.

"Yeah, sure."I nodded and sat down on the other end of the couch so that there would be plenty of space between us.

I let him scrolled through Netflix on the tv as I observed what he was about to choose.

"You have an interesting watch list."He remarked sarcastically, "Let's see, you've seen Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, and Dawson's Creek."

"Are you making fun of me?"I asked with a grin, "They're good shows.

"Maybe I am, a Lil bit."He said with a wink, "Have you seen Dexter?"

"No."I shook my head.

"Then we're watching it."He said and put on the first episode.

I guess since we're gonna spend a lot of time together, might as well find something to do during it.

"So, we have a thing now?"I said with a smile.

"What are you talking about?"He asked, unamused.

"You know, watching shows together. Is that our thing now?"I said.

"Yeah, I guess so."He shrugged.

&&&&&&

We heard the door open and my father went inside the house.

Brady stood up and was ready to leave, "I'll see you tomorrow, sheriff."He said to my father.

"Actually, I bought extra dinner if you want to join us."My father suggested, "It's better than having it alone at that big house of yours."

Brady hesitated at first before letting out a sigh, "Yeah, that sounds nice," He said awkwardly.

All of us went to the dinner table and I helped my father set up the table while Brady was already seated.

I placed a plate down in front of Brady, "Thank you."He whispered and I sat down across from him.

"So, "My father started after everyone had food on their plates, "What did you guys do the whole day?"

"Just watch some Netflix, "I mentioned.

"You could have done something more productive."My father said and took a glance at Brady, who was quiet, "Any plans for Saint Patrick's day, Hutton?"

"Probably spend it alone," Brady said casually.

"We're going to my brother's this weekend and you should join us."My father suggested, "We could use the company."

"I didn't know you were Irish," Brady said.

"Liam's great grandfather was but he married an American and my father married an American so that's why we don't look like it that much."He explained to Brady, "We would love it if you'd join us:

"I don't know, "He shrugged, "Doesn't sound like a good idea."

"You should," I said softly and he stared at me while he thought about it.

"The offer still stands."My father added.