38

Evelina stood in front of Angelina's door bedroom.

"What has she been doing there..." Evelina spoke quietly so only Carol, her personal maid could hear her.

"I'm not sure, miss...."

"Hmph...you don't know anything!" Evelina glared at Carol.

"M-my a.. apologies, m'lady..."Carol lowered her head, trembling in fear.

After a while they eventually left.

*********

"Sigh..... finally" Angelina sighed as she put down her paintbrush and messaged her sore shoulders.

Two knocks could be heard.

"Miss?" Marie came in, carefully carrying a cart of food.

Marie was already used to delivering Angelina's food to the bedroom. She knew Angelina hated eating in the dining room.

For the past few days, Angelina has rarely showed up to eat with her family. She started eating in her bedroom.

The duchess was concerned so she went to Angelina. Angelina made an excuse. She said that she didn't want to eat with everyone because she couldn't get along with Alex.

The duchess understood and let Angelina be.

"Is Miss tired?" Marie let go of the cart and approached Angelina.

"Why don't I give miss a message?" Marie was concerned. Angelina has always been very sickly since young. She was worried that the 'weak and sickly miss' would overwork herself.

"That would be nice" Angelina nodded.

Angelina laid down on her bed. Her back facing Marie.

Marie began giving her a message gently.

After two minutes Marie spoke.

"Alright miss, the food will turn cold"

"Mmhm" Angelina yawned and got up lazily.

*********
Charles was currently eating lunch with royal family.

And as expected, the atmosphere wasn't very good...

The emperor and empress has three children. Two sons and a daughter.

The empress did give birth to another daughter, but she died soon after she was born due to illness.

"........."

"........"

"........." The crown prince, the second prince and the youngest princess fell very uncomfortable.

The second prince, Leon leaned next to Alistair, the crown prince and whispered.

"Brother...can I go now...? I don't feel like eating anymore..."

"Shh! You are in the presence of the neighboring empire's emperor! Don't act impolite! Do you want to embarrass father emperor!?" Alistair shot glares towards Leon, warning him.

"Hmph! Fine!" Leon glanced at Charles, only to find Charles staring at him.

"Ah!" Leon was shocked and accidentally dropped his fork.

"........." Alistair was facepalming on the inside.

'this fool!'

"........"

"......."

"......."

"....pardon my son, your highness "