t h i r t y f i v e

27 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

yoongi sat by the windowsill, leering through a crack in the curtains, watching as shadows revealed themselves on the open street.

nights like this, his mind wandered. it revolved around, crossing the line of life and afterlife. if only fear ceased to exist, he would've found himself standing in the middle of the street he was watching. the creatures would've turned his limbs inside out-

and he wouldn't have felt a thing.

his thoughts were cut off when footsteps emerged from the darkness and a tall figure settled on the sofa next to him.

"whatchu doing up late, yoongs?" jin spoke, drawing close as he followed yoongi's gaze out to the streets. "ah, admiring the view, eh?"

yoongi chuckled and the sound of jin's lighter mingled in the dark, the obscurity momentarily broken as the sudden burst of flame emerged from the lighter.

"never seen anything better." yoongi responded, breathing in the cigarette smoke but was too unbothered to complain. the pair sat for a while in silence as jin continued to take a prolonged drag from his cigarette.

"thank you, by the way." yoongi remarked, cracking the silence. yoongi could picture the vague image of jin raising a questioning eyebrow. he began to explain his words. "for trusting me."

"oh, of course, yoongi. but can i ask you a question?" he queried and the yoongi shuffled around the sofa, now facing jin in open curiosity.

"how did your knife get there? and the ring?"

yoongi searched for any hint of accusation in the words yet when he failed to notice any, he answered.

"i know this is not the answer you want to hear but, i don't know, hyung. i don't know how any of my stuff got there. the ring, i remember taehyung picking it up from the ground and placing it on the kitchen table. and the knife, it was on my bedside table the night hoseok died."

shivers ran down jin's spine as a sudden thought erupted in his head, caution tape wrapping itself around it.

the ROSE was closer. always one step before them.

but he trusted namjoon. he trusted his friends enough to be aware of the fact that, if they held on for some time longer, if they fought back-

they'd eventually find a way to defeat the system.

and then, they'd be safe, right?