~ Chapter 78 ~ (A Fighting Chance)

"CAW! THE UPPER RANK 3 DEMON, AKAZA HAS BEEN DEFEATED! THE UPPER RANK 3 DEMON, AKAZA HAS BEEN DEFEATED!" one of the crows announced loudly inside the fotress.

Everyone inside the fotress, humans and demons heard about this. Everyone had their own reactions upon hearing.

"Nice one! We really have a chance to win this!" One of the demon hunters said in hope. "The Hashiras were probably the one who killed the upper moon. They truly are magnificent!" another one said in astonishment.

"Could the two of you idiots shut up, my eardrums might be broken if you keep being so damn loud" Yushirou said to both of them.

"What's your problem? Shouldn't you feel happy about this? One of the most powerful demons has been slayed." one of them responded to Yushirou.

"Yes, that is good news for us, but the war is far from over. And both of you who were recently being too loud might be the dead of us. Hordes of demons could heard both of you and might be on their way right now." Yushirou told them.

Both of them were silent from this. They realise that Yushirou is right. "You're right. Please forgive us" One of them apologised. Yushirou just sighed, "Let's keep going"...

~Somewhere~

"Akaza's presence is gone..." A lone swordsman said by himself. He stood by himself as he wait for the demon hunters to arrive.

"He has fallen. Akaza, weren't you going to defeat me?" the swordsman said as he begin to hold his sword's hilt. "I believe that you could handle the Uchiha by yourself, but perhaps I miscalculated..."

"How exceedingly weak..."the swordsman said with a hint of disappointment. Suddenly, the sound of crashing can be heard in front of the swordsman.

However, the swordsman wasn't bothered by it. He was expecting it. "You came... Demon slayer." the swordsman said as he looked at a rather young man in front of him.

"Hm? You... For some reason, you seem familiar..." the swordsman said as he looked at the young slayer in front of him. The young demon slayer can feel dread inside himself as he looked at the swordsman in front of him.

A single thought crossed his mind, 'It's the upper moon one!...'

~Meanwhile~

"Hm? Could Akaza be dead?" Doma said to himself as he dodged an attack from the boar boy. Doma vanished from sight before reappearing at distance.

"GET BACK HERE YOU CREEP!" Inosuke yelled as he chased after Doma. "Wait Inosuke! It dangerous charging at him straight on!" Shinobu said as she appeared in front of Inosuke and stopped him. Inosuke just huffed from this.

"Kanae nee-san! Shinobu nee-san! I have an idea." Kanao said as she and Kanae appeared near Inosuke and Shinobu. "What is it Kanao?" Kanae asked.

"Let's corner him! I will attack him with Inosuke. We'll create an opening for Kanae nee-san and Shinobu nee-san to finish him" Kanao told them.

"We tried that before Kanao, and it failed." Shinobu said. "No Shinobu, this time it might work. We failed before because there's only the two of us. But with Kanao and Inosuke, we might pull it off!" Kanae responded.

Shinobu looked at Kanae before she sighed and agreed. "Is he crying?" Inosuke said weirdly. The others heard this before looking at the demon.

It's true! Doma is crying by himself right now. "Akaza... This is all my fault. I should have known that you could never win against that Uchiha. I should have been there for you. We were best friend..." Doma said while tears falling on his face.