Chapter 16

"Guess we'll just have to try something stronger," Skylor said as she pulled out a dart gun from behind her. She aimed it at Zane and got ready to fire it.

"Wait!" Zane said, "Firstly, dart guns don't work on me. I'm robotic, remember?"

Skylor groaned a bit before putting the gun behind her.

"Secondly," Zane continued, "I want to know what's going on with Lloyd too. I promise not to tell anyone."

"How can we trust you?" Skylor said, "For all I know, you could be recording this moment to show your friends later."

"I won't," Zane promised, "I only want to know and understand what's going on... and what this has to do with Morro."

"Don't worry about me," Morro said, "I'm just like you, looking for answers."

Skylor looked at Zane and Morro, contemplating thoughts in her head, before looking towards Lloyd. Lloyd didn't seem to notice either Zane or Morro's presence. With his head in his palms, bent downward, Skylor could only hope he was still in the same plane as they were.

"Alright," Skylor said to the two teens, "I will explain everything, but nothing leaves this room. Understood?"

Zane and Morro nodded before grabbing each a chair to sit on.

"To start, I have a question," Zane said, "Two, actually."

"Okay," Skylor told him. She was pushing Kai and the others towards a corner in the room where she planned on sitting them down till the effects of her father's magical spray wore off.

"I asked Lloyd earlier if he had wiped the minds of the students of our school," Zane stated, "But contrary to one of my most recent memories, he answered me no."

"Okay?" Morro asked.

"When Skylor escorted us out of the room," Zane continued, "My long-range hearing picked up Morro stating something about Lloyd wiping the memories of everyone in Ninjago City and Lloyd not denying it."

"My first question is, what is the real truth behind the recent loss of memories of the students of our school?" Zane asked.

"Well," Skylor answered, "That is a question Lloyd himself is going to have to answer. I don't know that much, only that Lloyd had originally planned to remove himself from some of everyone's memories."

"I don't know about you," Morro said, "But I feel awkward watching the cause of this whole mess sitting quietly beside us."

Skylor turned to Lloyd with a hint of worry clear in her eyes. She walked over to him and tapped him lightly on his shoulder. Lloyd flinched a bit before sitting up. He seemed to look confused for a moment before slightly shaking his head.

"Morro? What are you doing here?" Lloyd asked, "And Zane? What's going on? Did something happen while I was out?"

Lloyd looked around before noticing Kai, Jay, Cole, and Nya sitting on a chair in a corner.

"And why are they here?" Lloyd asked Skylor as he stood up. His eyes were still fixed at the four teens sitting by the corner.

"It's a long story," Skylor said, "Perhaps if you calm down and relax, you could be able to remember."

Lloyd looked at all of them for nearly a second before memories of the previous events came rushing back.

"Those four and Zane should've left by now with everything they did today forgotten," Lloyd pointed, "But somehow Zane's still sitting here, without his today's events forgotten, and his friends are stuck in a mind-wiping trance. Why?"