Chapter 10- A Little of the Unexpected

(Chapter 10- A Little of the Unexpected)                            

I slowly open my eyes to the familiar room I know so well. I slightly life my head off the couch and look to my right and see that Mrs. Brown isn’t sitting in her usual chair and become a little worried. Where was she? She’s the nurse shouldn’t she be here when the patient wakes up? I mean what if I didn’t wake up at all. What if it s something serious and I was in a coma or something? I wonder if she even checked me out.

I sigh out of frustration. I wonder if it’s ok to move. I push myself up on my elbows before using my hands to push me up in the sitting position. Luckily the room didn’t spin like I thought it would. That’s a relief.

I took a look around the small dim lit room wondering where everyone was. I mean you would think my friends or at least Brody would-

“Hey you shouldn’t be up.” Brody says seriously as he walks through the door.

I furrow my eyebrows at that. “Why not?”

He shakes his head and sits down in the seat next to the couch. “Well I didn’t want to be the one to tell you this but….”

“What?” I ask suddenly panicked.

He looked at my sympathetically and touched my hand in what seemed to be a comforting manor. Oh no, is it really that bad? Am I dying? I knew something was wrong with me. Here I am on my death bed and Mrs. Brown can’t even stay in the room until I wake up to give me the news?

“It’s not good.” He says dramatically.

“What is it?” I reply impatiently.

“You’ve got thirteen hours to live.” He says sadly.

“What?” I shout. “Why what’s wrong with me?”

The once serious look on his face now turns to humor as he bursts out laughing while clutching his sides. He looks like he’s about to fall in the floor any minute from laughing so hard. That jerk! I take my hand and slap the back of his head to get him back for the near heart attack he almost gave me. Serves him right!

“I’m leaving.” I say quickly standing up.

“Wait I have to drive you back.” He says with a stupid grin still plastered to his handsome lightly damaged face. Something about that just helps with the already bad boy exterior and makes him even hotter than before.

‘Whoa Farrah where did that come from? Maybe you should lie back down again. Clearly you’re not well.’

“No thank you. I’ll call Olivia or Grace to come get me.” I snap storming out the door.

“Wait.” He says pulling me to a halt by my hand.

I don’t miss the shocks I feel when he touches me. Oh why does he have to have an effect on me?  I just want to be immune to all the things he does to me. Falling for the bad boy never turns out well for anyone.

“Everyone’s already gone. I’ll take you.”

I cross my arms and sigh. “Fine but I’m still mad at you.”

“And I’m still laughing.” He smirks.

‘Don’t let him affect you Farrah.’

We walk through the dark empty school and I can’t help but feel a little creped out. There is just something eerie about and empty school to me. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen too many scary movies but I really don’t like them.