xxv.

| 11:08 pm

+ aera.

you're just going to hurt yourself. chaeyoung spats, frowning at me. i know. i answered lowly, eyes glued to the bottle of liquor placed above the table “he didnt try to go against the wedding, didnt gave you a proper explanation about it, didnt even apologize for anything. he knew you're hurting and still had the gut to ask you to fucking stay? when the time comes, the marriage would happen and he's going to leave you. you know that but why the fuck are you staying? shrugging my shoulder, i look up at her, i fell hard, too deeply. chaeyoung groans in frustration, probably debating whether to hug me to give comfort or smashing my head against the wall to knock some senses on me.

its been a couple of days since we went to the amusement park. i was supposed to keep it a secret from chaeyoung but all of it was so much for me that i decided to drink and called her over, basically telling her everything. hence, the nagging. it hurts and this is dumb but i still want to be his wife until he already has a legal one. i still want to be with him until then - even though it'd break me, i'd gladly hurt myself.

after another day of work, we were walking towards the elevator when my phone rings. given that i handed it to chaeyoung earlier while i searched for a hair tie inside my purse, she was the first one to take a look at the screen doyoung's calling. my brows shot up at the name. doyoung? jaehyun's friend? uh could you answer it please. dumbly cowering behind her, chaeyoung swipes the pad of her finger across the screen, accepting the call.

hey aera's busy. this is chaeyoung. she informed beforehand, glancing at me and i shrug in response hey, sorry for disturbing but can you tell aera to pick jaehyun up here?  doyoung answered and i managed to hear it since the call was put on loud speaker, and why the fuck would my friend do that? doesnt your friend have other girl to pick him up? chaeyoung bitterly replied before i can stop her. geez, calm down. its not my fault jaehyun wants to see your friend. my brows furrowed at that, did i heard that right? jaehyun wants to see mㅡ aera said she cant. she's busy, you know. chaeyoung decides an answer, widening her eyes at me when i grab my phone from her hand.

hey doyoung. i greeted breathlessly, swatting chaeyoung's hand. oh hey, can you come pick jaehyun up? im gonna send you the name of the bar. chaeyoung stops trying to get the phone from my hand, looking at me intently instead. ..yeah, i'll be there. she gasps in surprise, hitting me in the arm as soon as the call ended, dude, what the fuck?

im going. bye. i kissed her cheeks before running well, i tried to but she's quick to hold my wrist, you're not going there. spinning around, i heaved out a sigh and pouts at her, please? i'll be quick. she shakes her head no, the guy already has a fiancé. let her take care of him. she grumbled before loosening the grip on my wrist, you'll get the bad image if you keep on doing that. my heart tightens at that thought again, one last time. please. it was never my personality to beg for something, i dont even know why im begging for this when i already know the consequences, chae.. this could be the last time he'd need me. i need to be there. chaeyoung sighs in defeat, waving her hand, dont you dare cry when you get upset this time or i'll seriously hit you with a pan, you dumbshit. i smile lightly at her, pulling her by the neck to embrace her, thanks. love you. parting from the hug, i immediately went to the place where jaehyun's currently at.