playing daddy || aaron hotchner

''We have a case.''

Those four words had all of you up to the briefing room in seconds and pulled you away from your desks immediately.

''Our day finally got I interesting!'' Derek smiled, jogging to the side of you. He was right. You hadn't had a case in two weeks and frankly it made you bored out of your brain, all of the team loved the thrill of a case even if they wouldn't say it aloud but we all knew that's why we did this job.

''I hate that we are at the point that 3 murders are interesting.'' Rossi sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with a tinge of a smile across his lips. You took your usual seat between Rossi and Emily, giving you perfect view of your hot boss, before being handed the new case file.

Nothing better than a murder case on a Tuesday morning eh?

''Looks like my date tonight is cancelled.'' Rossi sighed as he scanned over the case file.

''Working on wife number four I see.'' Derek teased making the team laugh in unison, except for the ever so cold Hotch of course. Hot as fuck, but a total hard ass.

''Let's get started.'' Hotch stated, everyone of course shutting up at the unit chief's demand.

''NYPD has asked us to investigate a series of murder's that have been occurring through the affluent areas of Manhattan. There's 2 women dead & tortured in less than a week. Killing both within the space of two days.'' JJ spoke, flicking through the slide as she went.

''Any connections between the two women?'' Spencer quipped.

''None so far other than the women are both brunette, green eyes, early 20's and over average height for a woman of their age. Both considered to be extremely attractive.'' JJ returned, nodding towards the board with the pictures of the two women on screen. You paused for a moment. Noticing they looked a lot like you.

Derek nodded, ''So are we looking for a preferential sexual sadist? These girls have an eerie amount of similar qualities, in fact they look exactly alike.''

''You'd think so but there's no signs of sexual assault, it's just the physical torture and murder by strangulation.'' Hotch stated, standing up and gathering the case files as he did so.

''We have another 24 hours approximately before the next girl is murdered. That's if, he's sticking to his pattern and not devolving.'' You added before joining the team in collecting all your notes and files.

''Wheels up in thirty.''

****

You were sat in your usual seat on the jet, now sat next to Spencer who had his head in his book. You'd gone over the case and were waiting on Garcia for extra information on the two women.

''So Rossi who's the flavour of the month?'' You teased looking over to him, Derek removing his headphones to join the conversation.

''Think again (y/n), not a chance I'm giving you a name. I know you too well, your part online stalker part FBI agent.'' Rossi laughed, forcing you to roll your eyes and chuckle back. It was a small reminder of when Rossi had asked you to search one of his dates on Facebook and in minutes you'd found her address, her star sign, her pets name, her extended family and where she'd gone on holiday when she was a child. You both had grown close, and he tried to force me to go into competition with Garcia of who could do a background check the quickest.

''Your no fun.'' You pouted and lightly nudged him from the seat across with your foot.

''You could at least tell us something about her.'' Emily tried to push him to give us any kind of information but you knew not to bet on the fact that he would.