Chapter 5: The Ball

Serenity's outfit ^^^^

The magnificent ball of the Don O'Sullivans' fourth wife was surely going to be in the headlines the next day. The ball hall was adorned with precious tapestries hanging off the walls. The marble flooring reflected the stars shinning from the crystal dome ceiling. Long tables with delicious starters were lined along the walls. Red carpets and posh foot walks tumbled down the stairs and the entrance welcoming the notorious wealthy clans who were invited for the opulent gathering. The humongous hall itself was separated from the Crystal mansion by 5 minutes walk through a huge lawn along the driveway. It was themed to be glitters and stars.

The Don and the wife in celebration walked around smiling and exchanging pleasantries with the honored guests while the rest of the wives mingled with old friends.

Dawn Pezro Romero, one of the consigliere from the Romero clan approached the pair.

"A very good evening Mr. O'Sullivan. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. And my Mrs. O'Sullivan, you look lovely as always.'' He shook hands with Conall and placed a light kiss on Victoria's gloved knuckles.

"Its our pleasure to have you here, Dawn." Victoria smiled' "Dear Leila had mentioned that you have attained your seventh badge recently. It was one brave thing to do, everyone is eager to hear your great conquest. Congratulations on that."

''Thank you although it wasn't that great of a conquest." Dawn chuckled

''The Southern invasion was praiseworthy. Don Romero had made an ally of the Spanish mob. I believe it would be worthy of our alliance as long as the third of the Cuban dump goes to us.'' Don O'Sullivan said

Dawn cleared his throat "There isn't a thing you should worry about Don. The Romeros never go against their words. We stand by our ally no matter what."

"That is good. I would hate to point a gun on my dear bestfriend if we go against each other." Victoria smirked coyly.

Dawn stiffened at the mentioned of his wife. Nevertheless he gave a tight smile to Victoria.