26I Basement

It seemed to have barely been five minutes since I fell asleep, when I was once again awoken.

This time, however, it was through feeling a tight weight pulling at my wrist. On instinct, my eyes snapped open, the sleep almost instantly leaving my drowsy body.

My gaze immediately tore over to my arm, sprawled out across the floor on my left, only for my eyes to instantly widen with fear.

Attached to my wrist, there were a set of iron handcuffs, rusty and tight, pinching at my skin. David was crouched over my wrist, tightening them even further, causing me to wince from the pain.

A blank expression was painted across his face, his eyes dark, as he pulled away from my wrist. He then proceeded to stand up, only to pause upon seeing my eyes staring up at him, a probably extremely petrified expression settled on my face.

"Ah," he grinned, that sly smirk I hated so much crawling across his mouth, "Good to know you're awake. Took your time."

I wanted to ask what the hell was going on, but I kept my mouth clamped shut, instead allowing the fear to course faster within me. I didn't dare speak up in fear of David hurting me, so I just watched, the terror flooding me unable to escape.

David leaned over, his cold hand brushing my bare shoulder as he grabbed onto the wrist curled up into my stomach. I shivered and felt myself tense as my stepdad's hand managed to cup underneath my chest momentarily as he not- so- gently pulled my wrist into his tight grasp.

I instantly relaxed at the lack of touch on my skin, only for me to once more freeze as he clasped the handcuff tightly around my other wrist, his grip tight and harsh.

A small whimper escaped my mouth as David fastened the handcuff unnecessarily tightly, my skin being twisted by the cold metal. However, at the sound, my stepdad purely responded by a soft laugh, sounding slightly manic and crazed.

"What? The little slut doesn't like to be kinky? I guess I can make up for the both of us," David smirked, causing yet another shiver to run down my spine at his menacing words.

Once again, I didn't speak, instead watching through fearful eyes as my stepdad latched a hand onto my forearm, roughly yanking me up into a sitting position, my covers falling off my now upright body.

My arm ached from the harsh, sudden pull, but I bit my lip, instead proceeding to scramble to my feet upon David's intense gaze.

"Guess what slut?" he sneered, causing me to flinch back from the way he spat it. "We're going down to the basement."

REUNITED

TW: Abuse

The basement had always been the worse place in the house. It was a large, cold room in which David beat me the most.

I hated it more than his existence.

Each day in this room had felt like an eternity. Pain and agony were my only friends, the oxygen coursing through my lungs torture is it reminded me this was was real. This was my life.

Most of my nightmares and worst memories of David were based mainly in this basement, only increasing the fear I had for it.

That was why, within only moments of being thrown onto the cold, concrete floor, I already wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

The pain that burst through my elbow as it slammed onto the floor only added to my despair, jarring and causing my whole body to freeze from the ache it produced.