chapter seventeen: jealous

The whole room turns silent.

Donghyuck didn't exactly burst or went rogue but his tone was a bit too disagreeing and abrupt.

"Uh, yeah," Eunwol answers, furrowing.

"Must it be you? Is there no one else?" Haechan asks quite protectively.

Doyoung frowns and turns to him. "Ya, what's wrong with you? She wants to do it so let her be."

Hyuck doesn't break his gaze from Eunwol who's staring back at him with a look of slight panic.

He doesn't seem too happy with the news.

Thankfully, the knocks on the door manage to ventilate the heavy air out slightly.

"Excuse me, your orders are done," the waiter tells and gives the drinks to the customers respectively.

The other three stand- Doyoung and Eunwol bowing to show gratitude but Donghyuck just stands, dwelling in his thoughts.

"I have to hurry now. I have to be there in time," Wollie informs the idols and Doyoung nods as he waves goodbye.

She reaches the door and shifts her eyes to Donghyuck briefly.

Eunwol's breath gets stuck in her throat at the intimidating, dark glower on his face.

She's never seen him look so annoyed before.

But she can only rush out and quickly travels to her work place.

"Let's go," Doyoung says after she leaves and Hyuck wordlessly follows.

The older observes his bitter mien from the reflection of the elevator walls. "What's wrong with you? So moody, suddenly."

"Nothing."

His curt response obviously, means the opposite and when they arrive, he immediately continues practicing.

The members stare at him while they eat.

"Isn't he going to eat?" Yuta queries and Doyoung shrugs.

Taeyong flinches every once in a while at how aggressive Donghyuck is dancing and checks his surly countenance. "Did something happen? Why does he look so angry?"

Doyoung sighs. "I don't even know."

A lie.

"Just leave him to calm down," Johnny says.

Donghyuck suddenly, stops in the middle of the choreography and grabs his phone before sitting at the very far corner from the rest.

"Dang, he's angry angry," Mark observes.

He stares holes into his screen before tapping a few things and typing fiercely.

[moon🌙]:
you okay?

[fullsun☀️]:
Yeah
Very

[moon🌙]:
what's wrong?
is this because i said i was
going to do stray kids' makeup?

[fullsun☀️]:
Yeah, i dont like|

He stares at his unsent text and the blinking cursor- letting out a heavy sigh and erasing the whole thing.

[fullsun☀️]:
It's nothing at all
Don't worry

He puts down his phone and leans his head back with shut eyes.

She's just working. It's not a big deal.

He raises his head and frowns at the shiny floor- glaring. Why am I so sensitive about it, anyways?? It's just doing makeup! She does their eyeshadow and brows, which means she'll be making eye contact every once in a while then, she colours their lips which sometimes require her to lean in for better application and now they're only inches apart with their faces almost touching...

His hyungs jolt when they hear him flapping his legs and his shoes create resonating thumps against the ground as he ruffles up his hair more and more- letting out high-pitched screeches of frustration.

"He's stressed," Jaehyun comments without even bothering to look away from his food.

Donghyuck freezes suddenly, when a new argument arises in his head. Wait, so what?? She does that with me all the time! It won't mean anything when she does it to Stray Kids. bUT, I still hate it. I hate it so much! Why'd she have to take the job??

His hyungs continue to watch him as he moves his head back and forth, round and around, side to side as he has an intense staring contest with the poor, innocent floor- not knowing that he's actually, having a full on war with himself mentally.

"Is he copying a turtle or something? They always do those neck thingies," Taeil remarks.

Yuta sips his drink. "He looks a bit crazy."

Jungwoo nods before inhaling a corn dog and the others stare at him like he's a new found life-form on Earth to which he just grins at.