Chapter 13 - A Visit to the Pulitzer's

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 13 - A Girl Talk -
Warning: Stupid boys?
Third Person POV

Stage and Cards knock on the front door to the Pulitzer's house.

Well, more like Stage did, cause Cards was in shock on house big this house was.

Stage was too, but she hid it better.

The door opened, and a man stood in the doorway.

Stage smiles. "Hello, we are looking for Miss Katherine Pulitzer."

The man looks at Stage in disgust, making Cards want to punch him, but he nods, closes the door, and leaves for a second.

"Stupid rich people" Cards mumbles curses. Stage rolls her eyes.

"Don't stoop to their level, Cards." Stage responds. Cards nods, holding back an eye roll. "They can judge us all they want, but we still should be the better people.

Cards nods.

The door opens again, and there stood Katherine, a bit shocked to see the two girls.

"Hey Kath" Stage greets, grinning.

Katherine looks confused. "Hey?"

"Can we come in? We just wanted to have a little talk since boys are idiots and we should've never left them unsupervised" Stage tells Katherine, who laughs.

Cards smiles, chuckling a bit. She was definitely rubbing off on Stage. Old Stage would never say the word 'idiot'.

"Sure, come on in." Katherine responds, opening the door. "We can go up to my room so we won't be disrupted."

In Katherine's room

"So, as I was saying, boys are idiots." Stage starts. Katherine and Cards laugh. "I reminded them that we can't choose our family. You did nothing wrong. Plus, they weren't mad at Race for his terrible brothers."

Katherine nods. "Thank you, Stage. I think that Jack's still mad at me because he thinks I told my father stuff about you guys."

Stage shakes her head. "I seriously doubt you are the type of person to do that, but Jack doesn't think when he's angry. If he does anything, punch him flat in the face, and then kiss him.

Cards bursts out laughing, as Katherine blushes madly. "Dang Stage, I'm a terrible influence on you."

Stage shrugs. "None of the Newsies are a particularly good influence on me. I think it's best if I stick with JoJo, Elmer, and Crutchie."

"Aww, the sunshine Newsies. You four are adorable" Katherine coos. Stage blushes a bit, and Cards smiles.

"They're keeping each other pure." Cards responds. "It's only a matter of time before Les turns out like Jack, no matter how much Davey tries to do to stop it." Katherine laughs. "Plus, I'm not sure Crutchie, Stage, Elmer, and JoJo can be 'uninnocented'."

Katherine tilts her head to the side, a bit confused. "That's not a word."

Cards rolls her eyes. "It doesn't matter if it's not a word. You know what it means."