-27A-

A/N: Okay, so I did a lot of experimenting in this birthday party mini-arc (which is also kinda long), meaning you may like it or absolutely hate it 😂. Either way, it was fun to write. If you do wanna skip it, I'm labeling them all as chpt. 27, with a, b, etc., so it's over once you see chpt. 28 whenever I upload it, though there is some plot here (esp. for the Emiliano/Luca storyline), so you might be a bit lost if you do skip it.

+++

"Real ass bitch give a fuck bout a nigga. Big Birkin bag hold five, six figures. Stripes on my ass so he call this pussy Tigger..." Syd was holding a bottle of rum and pouring shots in her friends' mouths while dancing on the counter in Sean's apartment where they were hosting the pre-game. "Fuckin' on a scammin' ass, rich ass nigga!"

"The fact that this is only tipsy Syd never ceases to blow my mind," Chris said.

Sean, Chris, and Hector were awkwardly off to the side while the women were already getting rowdy.

Hector shook his head laughing. "It's like she has this switch in her head that she flips sometimes. What I'm seeing right now is the wild ass Syd I met before we started dating. Bring her to a party and everybody's getting fucked up."

"If this is her tipsy, what's she like when she's drunk?!"

"Oh, drunk Syd..." A smirk came to Hector's face. "Drunk Syd is hor-"

"You sure you wanna finish that sentence?" Sean interrupted, cutting his eyes at the two of them. While Chris and Hector had been exchanging a few words here and there during the pre-game, Sean stayed on his phone, not hiding the fact he had no interest in speaking to either of them.

"Oh, um..." Hector cleared his throat and changed the subject, intimidated by Sean. "So Chris, how's married life, man?"

Sean didn't want to deal with listening to the two of them, so he went to join Syd and her friends.

"Sean!" Syd shouted as if he wasn't just a few feet from her. "When can we leave?"

"Give it like 30 more minutes," he replied.

"Bet!" Syd got off the counter and started dancing again, singing the song that was playing. "Tu me tienes loco, loco contigo..." she pointed to Hector and turned her hand to gesture him over. "Yo trato y trato, pero baby, no te olvido." [You have me crazy, crazy with you... I try and try, but baby, I can't forget you.]

Sean rolled his eyes as Syd went to wrap her arms around Hector and dance with him. He was annoyed that she would get back with someone like that and he swore if Hector ever hurt his sister again, he'd beat his ass. He looked at Lali, who was speaking to Char, and then back to Chris, who seemed to be distracted by something on his phone. Just as he started walking over to Lali, he was stopped by Grace.

"Why are we even pre-gaming here like you don't own the club?" Grace asked.

"We gotta get there fashionably late. You know how it goes," he smiled.

"That makes sense. You didn't have any friends you wanted to bring to this pre-game?"

"Nah, but they'll be at the club. If you'll excuse me..." When he turned to continue toward Lali, she was already done with Char and walking toward Chris.

"Fuck," he muttered to himself.

***

"Chaarrrr," Syd sang, sitting across from her in the limo while they were on their way to the club. "I got somebody I want you to meet."

"Okay?" Char gestured for Syd to continue.

"So, Em's friend Caleb, the one who's doing my sleeve, right? He saw you in the photo I posted the other day from brunch and he's interesting in meeting you. He'll be at the party toni-"