51. Mark Wolf

RILEY

"Aurelie Moreau." My name rolled off his lips with a twisted pleasure.

So he knew who I was, who I really was. I just stood there in the same spot, unable to move. I couldn't even speak because I was at loss for words. What could I possibly say in this situation?

"Oh, come on, sweetheart- don't play shy with me now. Not when we know each other so well," he said with an innocent voice. "Forgive me- where are my manners? Mark Wolf."

Were we really going to play this game?

"I know who you are, Markolf," I hissed at him.

"Well, I must admit that laying our cards down is much more enjoyable than pretending. Especially when I have so much to tell you, Riley."

"That's Miss Moreau to you, you prick."

"Hmmm, feisty. Passionate. Ready to blow. Just like that night you fucked me."

God, I wanted the earth to swallow me right now. How could I have been so damn stupid? Of all the people to have slept with this one was the definition of a massive fucking error of judgement.

"I can see that brilliant mind of your going into overdrive, Riley," he mocked me. "Don't beat yourself up, darling- it was not really your fault."

I blinked twice trying to understand what he meant.

"That night when we fucked after the club- I was totally in control, despite what you might think. I mean, I didn't force you to do anything you didn't want to. But I might have amped things a bit. You see, as you probably know by now, my father is the demon of anger and lust and although I do not possess his full powers," he grumbled, "I have enough from him to allow me some control over both those things. Unfortunately, I cannot ignite lust or anger in a person but once it is there, I can play with it, and that night you were full of anger and in dire need of regaining control." He smirked, which made me want to punch the living lights out of him. "It was so easy to use that anger to my advantage- enough to get the lust in you growing and, from there onwards, I just needed to turn it up a notch."

I felt sick to my stomach as I remembered the night that Scar and I went to the club in Putney and a strong desire for the stranger that was looking at me across the dancefloor took over.

"Why?" That was about the only thing that I could muster the strength to say.

"Why you or why I slept with you? Actually, they are connected." He stretched out his hand in an invitation, "Dance with me and I will explain it all."

I wanted to get to the bottom of this but the idea of touching this psychopath again made me want to vomit.

"Now, now, sweetheart- I know you are here with your mates." I looked over to Aiden and Rafe and I noticed them getting annoyed and somewhat angry by now at the insistent flirting from the two girls. "It would be very easy for me to play with their anger and do them some harm, so be a good girl and dance with me."

I hated this, being under his control, and the fact that he had unknowingly to me controlled me before made me so angry. But at the same time, I was not ready to risk anything happening to Aiden or Rafe. After all, all he wanted was just one dance, right?

I placed my hand in his and we began dancing to the sounds of a Viennese waltz. It was that kind of pompous event.

"So, where do I begin?" I swear, this guy liked the sound of his voice because he didn't even need me to respond to continue talking. "You and I, my dear, have always been connected."

"I would like to say that I follow but I really don't." I must have overcome my initial shock because my sarcasm was slowly coming back to life again, right as I gave him a very fake smile.