Chapter Three

I didn't tell Drew that I was already familiar with Mr. Louis Tomlinson. If I did, he would've been furious with me and no doubt he would've told Mallory. As much as I liked him, Drew was such a kiss up to the boss. So, like any good field agent, I took the news easily and told Drew I had never heard of the man.

It was late, and so after Drew told me it was Louis and that he lived in London, I decided I was done with work for the day. Drew was talking to himself at that point, deciding that Louis probably wasn't the head of the operation and therefore finding him would have to wait (thank you Drew for coming to that conclusion now). I was bored and tired so when Drew was in deep conversation with himself I swiftly ended the call, turning my phone off for the evening and probably most of the next day. He always got pissy when I hung up on him.

However, I quickly realized that there was no chance of me falling asleep right way. I was still just a little shocked that Louis was the criminal. I mean, he seemed nice and just a little stupid to be honest. He didn't seem like some computer mastermind, but maybe that was his game. In fact, maybe that's why he talked to me in the first place. He knew who I was, and he wanted to throw me off. That little fucker.

He didn't even have a phone on him though, and that was what Drew was supposedly chasing for me. I couldn't see the phone, or an outline of it, but I guess if he was any good at his job he could hide a simple phone. Maybe he wasn't even holding it. When he saw me behind him, he could've slipped it into the pocket of some businessman's trench coat without even being noticed. Damn, how could I have been so stupid?

And I fucking told him my real name. It wasn't the biggest deal, but now he could easily contact his boss or someone with actual power, find out who I work for, and easily compromise the agency. If he had any decency, he might even kill me before I leave London. Point is, he knew who I was.

I ordered room service and watched reruns of Friends all night. I kept my phone off though to avoid the 15 calls and 50 texts from Drew; if I turned it on it would probably blow up from vibrating anyway. And when I saw the sun peaking up I decided to get to work. Work meaning a shower, but hey I was moving.

The hotel had a weird shower so I took a pretty short one, and as I stepped out, I heard the phone ringing from the bedroom. I stood confused as it rang: it wasn't my cellphone because that was off, so it was the hotel's. Given that, it could've been anyone. And as I stood in the other room naked, I wasn't sure if I wanted to answer. I decided to ignore it, getting to my suitcase and putting on some clothes quick enough. But as I was putting on my jeans, it rang again. This time it was such a surprise that I tripped on my pants and fell, hitting my head on the dresser.

I groaned loudly as I began to crawl over to the phone. I didn't really care anymore, I was in a bad mood so I just wanted to get it over with and tell this person to shut up. I grabbed the phone and held it up to my ear. I refrained from yelling at the person immediately and instead just waited for them to say something since it must have been so very important.

"Jancer Ryan." The voice on the other line spoke. When I didn't recognize the voice I immediately tensed up, worrying that Louis had already spread my name around to someone. "Yes?" I replied, my head still pounding from the fall, making all this the more confusing.

"Who the hell is this?" I asked as I waited for a reply from the other line. They hadn't said anything for a minute, so I as I waited, I made the decision to turn my phone back on. They could've been doing something with the virus, and they second they did, Drew would know. I hoped my phone wouldn't blow up, but I needed to regain communications with Drew.

"Sorry. I'm still getting used to everything. I'm Zayn, Marlee's new assistant. I'm patching you into her office now, sorry." The voice finally spoke up and I realized it was just some stupid kid. I laughed that I actually thought it could've been someone threatening. Louis was probably smart enough to not give it away so quick. Why do I keep thinking he's so stupid? He clearly wasn't the guy I was talking to yesterday, that was just a mask. I should know that. Why was I all of a sudden so off?