Chapter 6

*if the gif doesn't move I'm sorry. I don't know how to get it to move because I'm new to actually writing and stuff and I don't really know how it works* (if you'd like to help me out, please do:))

—————

After getting into the cab, Harry tells the driver to drop us off on Broadway Street.

It'll be busy, like it always is, but that means it'll be safer for us to walk. I never walk alone if it's not a crowded area. Especially in the dark. But I'm not alone now, so I don't care where we walk.

Harry may be intimidating, but I have a feeling he wouldn't let anything happen to me. He gives off the gentleman like attitude.

The ride has been quiet , and I'm not thrown off by it. He's been this way all evening. So I'm not uncomfortable or anything.

"So, did you enjoy dinner?" He finally speaks up.

I jump slightly, not expecting him to talk at all.

"Uh, yea I did actually. The place was lovely and the food was great. You guys didn't lie about that", I say with a laugh.

He isn't looking at me as he talks, but I think I prefer it this way. His stare always seems to bore right through me. "Yea, it's for sure our favorite spot where we can eat in private. For the most part at least. There's only been a couple times that fans have tried to talk to us while eating. But it doesn't bother us when it's not all of the time."

"I bet you guys really love your fans. There's no doubt they love you guys."

He laughs and it's such a beautiful sound. "Our fans are the reason we get to continue doing what we love, so yea."

"It's crazy, how many there are I mean. That was my first concert I've ever been to, and I was in complete awe. It probably has something to do with y'all being the biggest band in the world though." I chuckle while shaking my head and glancing out the window.

I look back at him and of course, he's staring at me. I've lost count of how many times I've caught him doing that, and I don't know how to feel about his eyes on me. It doesn't make me uncomfortable like when the waiter did it. Or like in the past with other guys though.

His stare was different. His stare held no emotion or expression. He didn't seem shy or embarrassed. He just looks like he's studying me. I can't tell if it scares me or if I like it.

I guess my question is answered when I realize that every time he's done if so far, I've been drawn to it.

"Does is ever get, um.. overwhelming?" I ask him to try and break the tension I'm starting to feel.

"What?" He asks in return.

"Performing and stuff. You know, in front of thousands and thousands of fans. I wasn't even out there and I was incredibly overwhelmed myself."

"At first, yes, it was overwhelming. But as time has passed it's gotten less scary. But we still never really get used to the feeling of being out there."

"What's it feel like?"

He looks at me sideways and smirks. "You mean other than overwhelming?"

I look down and blush. "Well, yea I guess. I mean what do you feel personally when you first go out there and all those fans are screaming for you guys?"

"Incredible."

One word. That's all he said. I guess it pretty much sums it all up. It's not like I expected him to get all Shakespeare on me.

I let out a soft laugh and turn back to the window.

The rest of the ride is silent. When we pull up and stop on Broadway, I go to pull out some cash from my purse to pay the driver. Once again Harry grabs my wrist and hands his own bills to driver.