9

*******************

Just remember that you're talkin' to me though

You need to watch the way you're talkin' to me 

*******************

HARRY

My throat hurts, my head is throbbing, and my hands and boots are covered in blood.

What the fuck happened last night? Why am I on the floor when I got a brand new fucking mattress two days ago?

I sit up, my head rushing and threatening to slam me back into the stone floor. I bring my hands to the back of my curls, feeling the tender bump that has formed there. I pull my fingers back, checking for blood, but they're clean of fresh blood.

Who did I kill last night?

My mind is scattered right now. Last night was too long... the race, the assignment Luna had me do... I talked to Emmy on the phone. How did I end up here? Fuck, my head.

I close my eyes and try to remember who I killed last night. Jerome? Jasper? John? Shit. What was this guy's name? Jonah. Jonah Xavier... he is- was, the Lions' financial guy. I made it look like an accident, of course. Nobody would suspect the Kings were wiping out all the key players of the Lions if all the deaths were ruled tragedies. Their strongest members still stood, and I don't think Luna is dumb enough to take them down, so I made sure to be a bit creative about Jonah.

That bloody idiot was a lightweight. I offered him two shots of tequila with one shot of horse tranquilizer and the poor guy was out like a light. I graciously carried him to the back alley and had my friends take care of him.

Did you know that the bar on 4th and Selt Street has coyotes in the back alley? The more you know.

Dealing with animals was never easy because they were messy. I had to wait and make sure they did enough damage to make it look like a drunk idiot waltzed into the back alley and unfortunately ran into some coyotes. Walking away from them made the blood splatter on my palms and boots, but I know I didn't leave any footsteps that could be tied back to me.

The kill had me in a good mood too, that's why I called Emmy... but I don't remember properly saying goodbye to her. I sat up, looking around the apartment to see if it could trigger any memory of last night, and to my luck, the fresh bullet hole on the wooden leg of my brand new sofa did the trick.

How could I forget about Bentley Hale?

That fucking bitch was sitting in my living room last night and threatening to shoot me. Even if my gun was loaded I couldn't afford to actually shoot without a silencer. Cops monitored this neighborhood at night and the sound of gunshot would trigger everything. I had another man's blood on me and was not in the mood to get caught.... I needed to comply. She just wanted Luna though, not me, so I knew she wouldn't have shot to kill.

She was smarter than I thought, and the last person I'd expect to point a gun at anyone. Luna had given her word to Bentley and Allegra and the rest of her misfit fuckin' friends were officially off limits. I know that there's no killing Bentley either, at least that's what Luna told me. Killing Bentley would be a huge loss of money, and we needed her to race... she just had to stop winning. Luna was bluffing harder than I was last night about targeting her.

She was good... I mean, she outsmarted me last night. That hadn't happened before, I'm a fucking hitman. Outsmarting people is my job, so how come she did that? Sure, I got distracted when she called me daddy, but who wouldn't? It's a kink for a reason. Don't even get me started on the way she straddled me. I almost got hard at the feeling of her, the way she hissed when I nicked the top of her breast with my boot... the blood leaving a faint red trail until it rested above her collarbone. There's no forgetting the way she shoved the pistol down my mouth either. The back of my throat was raw and I hadn't tried to speak yet because I knew it'd sound like some of the girls whose throats I had fucked myself.