fifteen

My head was in so much pain

My head was in so much pain. Hitting it against the concrete will do that to you though. I shook my head as I stirred a little bit in pain. I felt pain shooting up the side of my leg and around my right hip. I think that's where I fell first before my face hit the ground.

I was scared to open my eyes. I felt my hands being tied up behind my back against a cool chair. I already had an idea of what could be going on but I didn't want to face that reality. I heard footsteps traveling down the stairs and I knew someone was coming my way.

Not wanting to risk any confrontation I keep my eyes closed and decide to play dead. I don't anyone to talk to me.

I felt someone's breath on my face as I started to sense a source of heat coming closer to me.

"You're not fooling anyone, Karma. Open your eyes." Dammit

I open my eyes to be met with hazel-green ones as Jesse stares directly at me. He's about a few inches from my face causing me to jerk my head back in surprise as I begin to realize how close he is.

He grabs a chair and turns it around, straddling either side. Something he seems to have a habit of doing.

He looks at me for a while before sighing heavily, "Why do you keep reappearing in my life?" he asks, "I'm starting to see where the origin of your name came from."

I drop my mouth in shock as he stares at me blankly in all seriousness

"Why do you keep shooting people in front of me? How are you apart of a gang and you can't even murder someone correctly?"

"Listen here you little---"

"And how dare you! You're mad at me? When I called you out on being a gang leader, which you clearly are," I say as I look around to make a point, "You had the audacity to sit here and say that I 'listen to gossip'. You sat there and gaslighted the fuck out of me just for my suspicions and everyone else's suspicions to be true." I say letting out a breath in disbelief. I'd cross my arms if it weren't tied to the back of this chair.

"And another thing---" I cut myself off as I widen my eyes when I see that he's pulled out a gun and is holding it directly aimed at my head. The same way he killed that guy in the alley.

"Are you gonna continue?" he asks, the gun held tightly in his grip as I shake my head vigorously from side to side, swallowing nervously.

"I thought so." He lowers the gun and places it on the ground right next to the left leg of the chair

"Ok." he raises his hands in mock surrender, "Yeah. You're right. I lied. I run gangs that run in the U.S and Italy, and I've kept my identity a bit under the radar so yeah I had to stretch the truth a little bit," he says.

"I don't owe you," he points at me, "Or any of those sons of bitches that go to that school a damn explanation for why I do what I do."

"While you're out here trying to figure out why E=mc^2 or whatever bullshit we learn in calculus, I have to focus on things, not even someone as smart as you would understand. You and your little first world problems." he shakes his head. "So excuse me for not writing, 'I'm a gang leader' across my forehead. My apologies." he says sarcastically and rolls his eyes.