Chapter 33- The Ember Island Players

The gaang and I had arrived at Zuko's beach house. The next morning Sokka had nagged me to go into town with him.

Later on, we returned to see Zuko and Aang practicing their firebending, while Katara and Toph were sitting on the steps.

"You guys are not gonna believe this," Sokka says. "There's a play about us."

"We were just in town and we found this poster."

"What?" Katara gasps. "How is that possible?"

"Listen to this," Sokka said reading the poster. "The boy in the iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Puan Tin who scoured the globe, gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

I read the rest. "Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players."

Zuko groans. "My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst The Dragons every year."

"Sokka," Katara says. "Do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?"

"Come on," Sokka replies. "A day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky, time wasting nonsense I've been missing."

We eventually all agreed to go to the theater. We had changed back into our Fire Nation clothes.

Toph, Katara, Zuko, and Aang sat in the front row as Sokka and I had the back row all to ourselves.

"Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section?" Toph asks. "My feet can't see a thing from up here."

The lights dimmed as the curtains opened revealing Katara and Sokka in a canoe.

Sokka started to get exciting tapping his sister shoulder.

"Sokka, my only brother," actress Katara says. "We constantly roam these icy South Poles seas and yet, never do we find anything fulfilling."

"All I want is a full feeling on my stomach," actor Sokka says. "I'm starving."

"This is pathetic," Sokka complains. "My jokes are way funnier than this."

Toph giggles. "I think he's got you pegged."

Sokka leans back in his seat as he mutters. "I'm funnier, right babe?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Way funnier."

He smiles amused.

We watched as the players came across an iceberg with a puppet of Aang inside, Katara used her waterbending to release him and asked who he was.

Actress Aang giggled. "I'm the Avatar, silly, here to spread joy and fun."

"Wait," Aang gasps. "Is that a woman playing me?"

We continued watching as Zuko and his Uncle arrived, sailing at sea.

"Prince Zuko, you must try this cake."

"I don't have time to stuff my face," actor Zuko yells. "I must capture the Avatar to regain my honor."

Zuko muttered. "They make me look totally stiff and humorless."

"Actually," Katara smirks. "I think that actor's pretty spot on."

"How could you say that?"

"How could you say that?" Actor Zuko yelled.

I burst out laughing.

I looked back on stage, Aang found Momo who was played by a sock puppet.

Next scene Sokka was dressed as a Kyoshi Warrior.
"Does this dress make by butt look fat?"