.007

Chapter Seven
007. Remembrance Day!

SITTING IN THE LIBRARY, HER WRIST ACHING FROM HOLDING THE PEN IN HER HAND

SITTING IN THE LIBRARY, HER WRIST ACHING FROM HOLDING THE PEN IN HER HAND.  The small card in front of her only contained four letters.  It stared back at her as she was unsure of what she wanted to say.  Despite writing these every year it did not get easier as time passed.  The notes felt redundant and the day as a whole felt like one bad memory.  Several students bustled through the Stefan Salvatore memorial library yet no one said a single word.   A sigh left Faye's lips as she looked up around the room, Rafael sat a few tables away.  He wrote on his card with vigor much like Faye had her first few remembrance days.  Over to the right sitting alone near the shelves was Hope, her monotone expression was not unusual. 

"I could use some help if you don't mind?" Looking up Dean was holding a card and pen.  Faye moved her book bag from the table opening space for Dean to join her.  "I don't really understand the point of today?"

"So they have us write to our dead loved ones.  We sign them and then scatter them in the cemetery.  It can be really nice. Especially so you can mourn Kennedy." Her voice wavered as she spoke with caution.  Dean had not been permitted to leave for Kennedy's funeral, the school sent flowers in his absence.  His parents visited but Dean had not spoken about how it went.   Faye turned back to her three cards and she could feel Dean's eyes peeking over her shoulder.

"Who's Faun?" A sharp inhale filled the silence that followed the question.  Alyssa Chang sat a few seats over and even she spared Faye a sympathetic glance.  Stuffing the cards into her book bag she muttered it was her sister before excusing herself.  She could hear Dean trying to apologize but she insisted it was alright.  Walking through the corridor it was deserted as her peers either locked themselves into their room or into the library.  She enjoyed the silence as she reached into her pocket and checked her phone, there sat locked notifications on the screen.  Only for a moment did she wonder what Henry had busied himself with.  Whether it was smoking or messing around with a girl he always made himself scarce on remembrance day.  The sight of her room door ajar appeared to prove her wrong as she walked in.

"Oh Henrik, what do I owe the pleasure?" Faye said, turning on the light in her room the grin on her lips fell.  In the middle of her room stood a familiar full head of auburn hair.  The air within the room felt as if it suddenly became limited and Faye's eyes began to water.

"Mom?"

"Marian?" The sound of Henry's voice made Faye jump as he stood behind her.  Marian stepped forward smiling at the sight of her daughter but she halted as a growl left Henry's lips.  He pulled Faye back by her wrist as he kept his eyes on her mother.  Marian placed her hands up in front of herself with caution as she promised she meant no harm.  This did not matter as Henry asked her how she was alive but the only answer she could offer was she woke up and then Faye walked in.